1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Sparks4

Sparks4
    Expand Collapse

And then that'll culminate into extreme backlash on steam and Reddit and multiple other platforms if the devs went total radio silent for months. Less sales, people thinking the game won't get anymore updates anymore, etc. There is no winning with that one.

We are the community, we pay for the game - we employ the developers, if we didn't buy the game or hadn't in the first place or supported the devs since it came out; the game wouldn't be in the state it is today. So yes, I think it's fair for all of us to be a little annoyed.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

If a Maverick-esque vehicle were to be made, I reckon it'd probably be better to use a custom frame for it. Tube-frame vehicles aren't as difficult to make as regular cars and trucks, from the looks of it. If it had to be on a vehicle already made, I think the T-Rex buggy would be...alright.

3. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

At the very least I'd expect BeamNG staff not to go the passive-aggressive route when engaging with their community.

Then yeah, I expected a lot more than another concept art of a map we already knew about, with a vehicle that isn't coming to the game (according to your comments), after you hyped us up by telling us we'd get "something awesome" for this tuesday's teaser.

upload_2022-12-6_18-38-53.png

I don't think I'm the only one that's disappointed either. This game was built on its physics engine, of course some people would expect a "really complicated diagram", unless you believe that the community is only made up of people that are too dumb to understand said diagrams? At least it feels like it with your answer.

• Agree Agree x 44
  4. Somethingrio

Somethingrio
    Expand Collapse

i feel its possible that 'next tuesday' could be the well next Tuesday and not coming Tuesday but idk

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Flashet

Flashet
    Expand Collapse

By my mind this buggy will released in 0.28. Just one art meant that there s no progress at all

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. MinekraftSib

MinekraftSib
    Expand Collapse

I bought the game 7 years ago. And honestly I’m just amaze that I’m receiving quarterly and/or yearly update. I didn’t buy it on the promise of anything (and the devs are good at not promising anything apart what is coming for sure in the next update), but what it was and I’m just happy to see it been worked on, refine. I really don’t get why people were so disappointed today, I think we just all got our hopes too high (like honestly, what would have satisfied you? Reading people, I feel like nothing would have been enough). I’m personally stoke to see this new teaser for the map, I can’t wait to see what it’ll looks like in game and hopefully the update will come sooner then we think.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Somethingrio

Somethingrio
    Expand Collapse

that is possible since i can't find any buggy that matches the one in the picture, so i could be a very very sneaky peak of next years buggy

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Porsche lover

Porsche lover
    Expand Collapse

If teaser thursday won't feature same location that isnt art or anything I will be dissapointed

9. Bauer33333

Bauer33333
    Expand Collapse

The driveable area shown in the teaser is massive and just a straight line. Since you don't build maps that are just one long road either this is very abstract art not giving us any info, or they are building a massive map, maybe indicating changes to the way the game handles heightmaps and their sizes, what would be a huge change from the game engine (physics) site

I have to agree that showing a vehicle that is not to come without any disclaimer next to it is very misleading

• Agree Agree x 14
  10. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

I'm questioning this new map. From what we've seen it's very wide open and it uses a lot of assets from Small Island, which makes me wonder what makes this map stand out.
    We have offroad trails on most maps, and Utah has a lot of really wide open areas.
    Not to mention that it looks like a purely offroad focused map so far. Sure, that's cool, but is it really the best choice to put dev resources towards a one trick pony of a map?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

lmao only speculation thread people to somehow get annoyed at more content, if someone gave them 1 million dollas they'd complain about it

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

honestly the art is pretty cool, but I have to agree with Lucas a little bit

the fact we get teasers regardless is already a step above, but this doesn’t do much in the realm of added information, and it has the potential to be misleading (putting a vehicle that isn’t being developed in the teaser)

overall it’s not too big of a deal but it would’ve been nicer if we had something that gave us more

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Leeloo

Leeloo
    Expand Collapse
    The Little Engine That Could
    BeamNG Team

So maybe don't behave like I owe you money then?

I stand by what I said, I think the artwork is incredible. Maybe try to channel your energy in a different realm.

I'll see if I can match but I had a different spot in mind. The thing is that you can't please everyone. Someone will always be annoyed if there are too few teasers and too far apart, or too many and too close together, of the same thing or of too many different things, for some it will never be enough. :)

• Agree Agree x 41
    • Like Like x 6
  14. Somethingrio

Somethingrio
    Expand Collapse

15. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

Im a little disappointed with the community... We got some great art... Possibly teasing a larger map. Sure its a bit weird to include the ATVs if they aren't really at least a concept, but I'm happy to have it anyway. Why do some people have to be negative about it?

• Agree Agree x 31
  16. Bauer33333

Bauer33333
    Expand Collapse

People will complain about already having seen that location, lol.

I would like to see it as well, tho, just to see if the distances in game are the same. But I don't know what we will miss out from the other location if that happens

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. bmwcrazy456

bmwcrazy456
    Expand Collapse

But are the ATVs a planned vehicle or not? For me, that answer still isn't clear...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jack The Ripper 2

Jack The Ripper 2
    Expand Collapse

I don't think the art is bad, it looks good, but the issue is it generated a hype for a content that we already knew was coming and alraedy had a look at on other teasers.

I think it lacked some expectations management, that's it, it wasn't an awesome teaser as it was told to be as the content of it was something already seen before and discussed enough, but the artwork was really great

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. Bauer33333

Bauer33333
    Expand Collapse

Is that a city/oil refinery? in the background? Some concrete towers, chimneys, large rocks or just dust clouds?
    Screenshot_20221206-190053_Firefox.jpg

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Somethingrio

Somethingrio
    Expand Collapse

i feel that its not the focus for this update, but its a vehicle that might be made next update or something
    --- Post updated ---
    OOO that's a good catch

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice