1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

maybe but in this case it is being used to help the car decide what to do

2. Bluemanplaysgame

Bluemanplaysgame
    Expand Collapse

I saved the image and was wondering if anyone else noticed the file name. HMM.jpg Sense the name most likely starts with a W would Wirtschaft be a possible name?

3. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

But Wirtschaft means "economy" in German... That makes no sense o_O

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If you can make name out of that tiny pic, I applaud you:
    upload_2018-2-22_0-26-59.png

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

If you done this right I'd say that the MSR WARD could just be the upfiter company and the Gavril could provide them with drivetrain from let's say T-series.
    I think that this is the most possible way it would work, as this doesn't sound like a vehicle manufacture.

6. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

msn wand :confused:

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I can't even tell if letters are upper or lower case, last one would be D not d, which would not make sense, especially when first appears to be m which it certainly can't be, unless it is spelled backwards... :D

8. Pocketleaf824

Pocketleaf824
    Expand Collapse

I found the word means economy in google translate

9. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Likely not the drivetrain from the T-series, as the T-series is a 70's big rig, compared to this bus from the 90s.

10. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

In my opinion, they're definately lower case... That's why the msn wand o_O

11. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

But if you flip it twice you get all new kinds of guessing possibilities :D :D
    upload_2018-2-22_0-41-24.png

It really is impossible to say.

12. Pocketleaf824

Pocketleaf824
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---

13. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Yes, you have said. It might not even be the correct name, but it does make sense as in some situations a bus pass is more economical than a car.

14. TobiBenzi

TobiBenzi
    Expand Collapse

Economic and economical do not have the same meaning!
    Economic is used regarding to money, industry or trade,
    economical is used regarding environment, not using a lot of money, fuel-saving, something like that.
    The german Noun Wirtschaft translates to Economy and it's adjective wirtschaftlich translates to economic.
    Economical would be something like ökonomisch or sparsam.

#9394 TobiBenzi, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  15. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

16. TobiBenzi

TobiBenzi
    Expand Collapse

And that "Wirtschaft" in the filename just means that the article where the image is from is in the category "Economy" in this newspaper, like Politics or Culture.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. STICH666

STICH666
    Expand Collapse

.....but it didn't hit anything. It just went off a tabletop jump.

18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if Italy is last map to be added?

There is no news about other maps being worked on and if Italy is only one, then all maps would be in game except Italy.

Considering how long making of Italy has been going on, as well as how long WCUSA took, if they aim to have complete product by end of the year or next year at latest, then there probably is not going to be more maps.

It is of course possible that beta will come within time frame and it might be possible that later content is added or DLC made.

DLC would make sense in financial point of view, but if research projects will bring better income, and/or tie resources, then it might be that there are no planned DLC.

However as DLC gives usually better investment/income relationship, I would think it is worthwhile to make at least one.

I can very well see how Thomas wishes to have game complete in that time period as from financial point of view it would be important, but how realistic that wish is, will be shown in a future. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

19. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Isn't Italy the biggest official map to date? Seen somewhere that it was supposed to be 11x11km2, so having a "grand prize" for the end, would be logical... It would be sad, but what can we (players) do:confused:

20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Helping them to sell more copies would of course help to develop longer as enough copies sold would sustain financial balance well enough.

Of course from those 600 000 sold copies many are probably from recent years, but to be able to do more I think they would need to sell considerably more copies.

It is always a worry within game company management that if developing takes longer costs will be greater than potential income, so you need to get project done within some time frame, unless you run a subscription based show, which makes long term development much more feasible, which is why some software houses do that.

600 000 is good number considering how game is not most appealing for the casual gamer, but more appealing to tech geek types. After all visuals are not the jaw dropping part, it is all the inner workings of vehicles and huge customization possibilities.

However project is big with corresponding expenses which need to be covered and for that it appears to me that sales could be bit more. However other sources of income are possible, investment money and so on, which helps to develop longer than self sufficient model would allow.

With more complete product more advertising will boost sales of course and they might count on profit coming from that part, which would make sense and is often how financial planning is done for game development.

Hence getting more copies sold is what we can do, but not sure if that will change plans though :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice