1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

"New" as in some months ago. Also, technically that suggestion thread wasn't really focused on suggesting for the devs (highly doubt they even checked that thread to take the suggestions from there at all.)

2. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

slightly more OT:
    pardon me if i'm super late to the party, but when was all this about straight cut whine added? looks promising for a near-future update.
    Screenshot1.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

.11? .12? something like that iirc

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. King Honda

King Honda
    Expand Collapse

Airbags. BeamNG Drive is supposed to be a realistic car/driving simulator game and that includes crashing. Most BeamNG Drive channels on YouTube are partially or wholly dedicated to crashing. What would happen if I crashed an ETK 800 Series (well its real-life closest equivalent) into a tree at 40 mph? Airbags would deploy. There's already a mechanism for airbag sensors in the game. When you crash some of the more modern cars in the game (ETKs come to mind) the car automatically brakes and a message appears "Impact detected... stopping car." I have to think that's a first step toward airbags in the car. There's also an inflated mat in the game. It wouldn't be too difficult if the bags were kept low polygon count at first. I'd say by the end of 2019 the official game will have airbags, or at least an airbag mod will appear.

5. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Do you guys think that there will be support for multiple terrains in a future?

Like Italy is big map, so it would be for example in 4 or more parts that only some are rendered as they are needed?

I wonder here as 4K terrain is going to need at least 32GB to be possible to open in Blender, Italy is 8K I guess? So LJFHutch needs to have some serious amount of ram to even open it up in Blender. Cutting it up and patching back together helps, but what happens when you press F11 in game on average BeamNG user computer? (after map is released).

Also only 8K map I have played took 4.7GB of vram, Italy is probably having more textures and models as it has buildings and stuff, so I'm just wondering here if Italy will have tiled loading and if that feature and Italy will come together?

Another point is CPU load, but I don't know what that will be, lot of collision surfaces needs lot of CPU time, also it is not possible to turn physics off, but maybe they have some idea under working that would allow some objects to have less CPU time if on tile that is not visible? That would be quite unlikely, difficulty to pull of something like that would be quite a lot, but then again team is very clever, maybe they have ways already to manage that?

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

Maybe there could be a loading screen between some differents parts of the map? Like in GTA Vice City, when you crossed the bridge to go to the other island there would be a loading screen appearing...

And I really need to learn more English

9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I doubt that, devs probably will not go that easy route, because they never seem to go easy route, that is something which makes BeamNG special, so they probably have something better, if there is going to be such tiled map stuff.

10. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Well, it would be stupid for them to not make something to help the map run better, especially since that this will be THE biggest official map, so having a rendering method like in other games, where only the area around you loads & not the whole map would be the best option... But maybe they will come up with something we haven't seen even in other games? o_O

11. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Have you thought about what would happen to jbeamed objects left outside rendered zone? Would they just fall down as there would be no ground anymore, or get unrendered and rendered together with the map?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Pause physics, then we get CPU benefits too :)

Although I'm sure this was talked about before and couldn't happen (turning on and off physics)

13. Raceboy77

Raceboy77
    Expand Collapse

i pause the physics too, it does help with the frame rate a little bit

• Like Like x 1
  14. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

pausing physics can help massively if you are CPU bottlenecked. If it isn't changing much then your GPU is mostlikely limiting

15. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

That's been around since 0.11 IIRC. It's very easy to enable, however it's not that great, which is probably why it's disabled by default. Hoping to see this get reworked/finished and enabled by default.

16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

What I'm thinking is that being reason Italy will not be rushed out too soon, certainly they would need to figure out something about that problem, would it be just simple freeze of node re-position while render is 0 or what, I can't guess. I doubt they would go with so easy route with it though.

17. EnjoyMyHItsYT

EnjoyMyHItsYT
    Expand Collapse

Not Bad Idea...

18. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Sorry if I'm a little 'out of the loop,' but what is 'straight cut whine?'

19. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

this sound

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

My ears are bleeding @1:32 :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice