1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Chrsitmas update confirmed? :p

2. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

This has been a long wait, hasn't it. In January, Italy would be in development for 3 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Approx 1/2 the time since the game has been released.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

How's this for confirmed? I found this in the files for BeamNG.

From what I can tell, we will be gathering snowmen for a Christmas event just like we gathered scarecrows for Halloween.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tixltif

Tixltif
    Expand Collapse

What if, Italy was a Christmas present from Beamng devs

6. Deleted member 197136

Deleted member 197136
    Expand Collapse

Doubt it. Italy is still a while away.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure that is from the Christmas event last year.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Tixltif

Tixltif
    Expand Collapse

yea well from what we know the auto bello is close to done and Italy while it has problems might be decent ish by december or early 2019

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

That file was added to my install on 11/9/2018. Would be odd if it were from last year.
    Also, when I loaded that zip into my addons I got this:

10. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I just want to be able to get last year’s Christmas event steam achievement. Couldn’t last year due to computer issues and not having it is bothering me...

11. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

I believe you can still activate the Winter event thing if you set your computer's time to around Christmas.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

Are you sure that's a good idea? :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

Nathan24 is still recovering from his injuries after a monitor was thrown at him. I jest. :p

Anyways, the Christmas event should be pretty similar to the one from last year, maybe with a small twist such as more snow added to the official maps.
    --- Post updated ---
    DOUBLE POST:
    The recent updates have been quite disappointing. Only two vehicles have been released in the past two years, compared to five new vehicles in 2016 alone.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Tixltif

Tixltif
    Expand Collapse

everyone is like "fix the engine" and then "more content" and when they do either they get berated and it's dumb. This year they focused on fixing the game itself and not on content. You guys kept asking for more optimization a better UI and then on top of that fixing the whole engine for the game. That takes a lot of work alone, and on top of that you're asking for more content. They're fixing the game as a whole. Last year I ran the game at 30fps and now I'm running it at 60fps with no problems and the only time it dips below that is when I'm in WCUSA and that's because it was rushed and over-hyped and released too early. They're gonna give us a new map and while I'm excited and want to see it being put in the game as soon as possible I don't want a trashy release like west coast USA had.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I absolutely agree. 2019 definitely needs to be a better year for new vehicles.
    --- Post updated ---
    That's interesting. So performance gets better for you, but worse for me.

17. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Ikr, it's so annoying, comon, devs

18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

You probably will when new event is activated, that is how it did work for me with Halloween event.

I'm seeing lower GPU usage at WCUSA, easily by one GPU class lower, that is 1060 runs like 1070 did in 0.13, but CPU bottleneck is still around, which probably is which is why there is no practical improvement for some.

It is something like from 70% to 55% drop in GPU load at heaviest spots, but those percentages are bit vague, there are variables to them, but still there is lower load now that should help if more improvements come, especially to CPU side of things.

I found lot of new roads during Halloween event, from East Coast USA for example, maybe those were there before, but surely I had not found them before, also some gaps where I could find new drivable areas.

For Italy that could be nice way to explore new map and areas there.

You need to also remember that they have been rewriting scenario system, which is not simple thing to do, because current one just is not enough good for the career mode, which then has tied resources and taken time from other stuff.

For vehicles, there is quite good amount of vehicles already and it is wiser to refine with current amount of vehicles than run into development hell of updating like running in circle, it will make more sense to speed up vehicle development and release schedule when all systems are refined.

In 0.14 there were new beam types added that have refined handling of vehicles quite a bit, so that is again something that was needed to be done to all vehicles which again took time.

It would be insane to dump 10 cars more at this point, imo.

Same for scenarios, until new system is in good state, then there is point to build more scenarios or campaigns as with small team there is no point in doing everything multiple times, there is enough extra work from surprises alone, no need to arrange them purposely.

Such just is nature of Alpha, sometimes it takes more time to get more to play, otherwise situation could be a failure, too much to do to survive from it all, there are enough many warning examples of games that have faced that situation, enough many games where publisher has blown the whistle and incomplete buggy junk has been sold to customers, no one wants that.

So it is better to tie loose ends and refine systems with limited amount of content and then add more when it is not causing same things worked over and over again.

That is just my thoughts, you are not forced to agree, but I think you can see how there are some false expectations, which I can partly point being their communications fault, with telling bit more what currently are being worked on and what areas can be excepted to be worked on at next update cycle, there might be less expectations for the new content, but of course I don't know inside things and have to rely what developers have told and what I generally know about such development processes (not a ton, just some).

4 or 5 key themes of where most work will be focused to devblog after each big update could give better view of what people could except, but then again I don't know much of how they work and how difficult it would be to make such, just something I have seen some indie devs doing and it has worked quite well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Wonder what this is? :confused::confused:
    upload_2018-11-13_20-41-57.png
    :p

• Like Like x 3
  20. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice