1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I'm hoping that if the DT825 ever surfaces, DT will stand for "dieselbil turboladdare".

Players have been clamouring for a cabover truck for almost as long as the game has been in existence. I think it's about time for the single most requested archetype that can't be made in Automation to see the light of day - especially when a huge European maps has just made its debut.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Though the number 825 likely hints at what I said - diesel, turbo, 8-series, 2.5.

Maybe an 8.2 5-series, but that would be an engine for an older/smaller truck, and the series designation in such a car usually isn't put in the end.

3. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Indeed, we don't have any British cars, something along the lines of a Rover sd1 would be great 19201224428_a229739eda_b.jpg 19201224428_a229739eda_b.jpg

#14263 Cutlass, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Getting a 60s luxury british sedan would be great: something like a S1 XJ or a 420.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I think a USSR car would be a Lada fun

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I was going to mention France and the UK, along with Russia. These, along with Sweden, are four countries that I think deserves recognition in the form of at least one car in BeamNG.

YellowRusty has a point too. Instead of being based on the Volvo PV444/544 like I've speculated, the Jargl DT825 could be a European cabover semi.

We could also get a French car in the form of the Charmand, which I believe gabester said would be a hatchback.

So far BeamNG only has cars from the US, Germany, Japan, and Italy. Why not add cars from not just Sweden, but also France, the UK, and Russia?

#14266 MisterKenneth, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Excuse me...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

I love how optimistic this thread is compared to reality. We have so many expectations as game development slows down more and more. And i dont think this is going to improve as Gabester is out of the question, and the future for the game has been looking uncertain for almost a year now, as everything started to slow down more and more.
    Knowing this, expect one or two cars at best this year. Probably the Bluebuck and nothing else.
    As a personal opinion, i think the devs should take advantage of the modding community, we got some great cars that are mods right now and that could be included in the game, ofcourse, if the mod creator agrees.
    --- Post updated ---
    You are making honor to your name. I think he refers more like a swedish brick SW like a Volvo 240 or something like that

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I should really be given time to respond.

I wasn't referring to the 800 Series. I was thinking of an older Swedish wagon like the 240 wagon.

--- Post updated ---
    Yeah.

10. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

A wagon is a wagon.
    I gave you an entire quarter. And the I-Series is often modded into wagons, plus what is a body style when faced with construction similarity?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Okay, I'll admit, you got me cornered. I have absolutely no idea how to respond.

I will say this, sure the I-Series has been modded into a wagon, but that's not official, vanilla, which is what I'm talking about.

And yes, in a way the 240 would be similar to the I-Series, but think about it, some of the BeamNG cars already established are similar to each other, like the LeGran and Wendover being two very notorious examples that sparked its own debate, both of which are American. They do however, have aspects that set them apart, like the LeGran being midsize and based on the Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera, and the Wendover being fullsize and based on the Pontiac Bonneville. I do think that if a Jargl based on the 240 was added, it would be similar to the I-Series, but it would also have things that it does different from the I-Series.

12. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Would they be different? Sure, but likely not different enough to make enough of a gameplay impact.

Though one of these solid-axle wagons could be a good primitive I-Series counterpart. The LeGran to the I-Series' Pessima.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I'd rather honestly see a unexplored archetype as to be the next official car, rather than a new car which happens to be similar to an already-existing official car.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

We have 4 mid 80s to mid 90s sedans. FOUR, and fifth is planned. Why can't we have two wagons from different times?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I don’t think we can judge this coming year based on recent ones. At one point (around version 0.5) vehicle development was at a fast pace for a smaller team. The bus and Piccolina both had new features and were developed probably while the team was still figuring out how to carry on with the vehicle lead out. TDev himself said the pace was slow due to both of those vehicles needing more research and new features than most. I’m not saying I’m expecting a lot of vehicles this year but I’m sure the pace will pick up.

As for modded cars, there are certainly mods for official cars that I would like to see but adding a complete mod car is probably more trouble than it’s worth by the time it’s negotiated, brought up to quality standards, etc...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Saab 96 with two stroke V4 engine which is blend of early 3 cylinder two stroke and later V4 four stroke, make it RWD to blend some RWD Swedish culture in.

As base game does lack wagons, it should be made as wagon body style.

That would bring new features to table.

Also tribute to Russian Mockba, it would have radiator blinds adjustable from cockpit that affect cooling in realistic way.

Rear suspension would use torsion bars, that would come from French.

Body style would be overall lot of from Saab, but also blend of Tatra with it, because Tatra.

It would also feature a centrifugal clutch, like Wartburg and some others.

I think that would get all your desires covered in one single awesome vehicle.

Default color would be pink and car would feature cute fascia with indicators on top of headlamps like eyebrows. Exhaust pipe would resemble a tail of pig.

Special feature would be openeable tailgate and usable cargo space, which you could load with fluffy cute kittens that would be a new prop released with the vehicle.

I'm about 99% certain this vehicle will release withing two updates, because nobody can't resists such vehicle.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I'd kind of like to see that quote from Tdev, but there is a very valid point here.

Really, the only complication standing in the way of the Bluebuck and Wendover is Gabester's injury, and they've confirmed that they're not letting that stand in their way with work beginning on the Bluebuck back in August.

Neither of these cars really requires significant research - there are already engines for them both in-game. Existing official vehicles have similar suspension setups, so there's no need to innovate there. There's a significant chance that we could see the Bluebuck before springtime.

Hopefully the delay in the Bluebuck's development means that a wider array of parts will be available. I believe I've spoken before about how much I'd like to see a variety of bodies on the same frame - there's great potential for wagon and Ranchero-style use from the Bluebuck.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

My suspicion is that the delay of the Bluebuck is because they are secretly redesigning it. I thought the originally planned design was a bit cartoonish and unrealistic.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

More than that. The Wendover is pretty much the LeGran given the thick treatment and IRS. It'll probably be one of the quickest and easiest cars to develop if they don't plan on adding a digidash.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 3DTunes

3DTunes
    Expand Collapse

Can you give some examples on the design that makes it cartoonish and unrealistic, I always like hearing a new point of view.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice