1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

The current A45 AMG does like 380HP and the 2019 facelift thingie is going for ~420 btw

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

lol :D
    According to wikipedia:

your merc has nothing on an old diesel engine that revs to around 100rpm suck it technology, all you need is displacement.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Them still slow....

I have seen 450-600hp from those old diesel engines, torque can be well over 700Nm, it is kinda impressive that they can now get similar power out from production engines, but same way it is impressive that people can get such power from old engines.

Was it E65 or E62 AMG wagon that I did read about one day, insane performance, then Brabus tuned that to something that is as fast as supercars.

#14443 fufsgfen, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  4. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

The issue here is that production engines need to meet emission standards and while possible to get 500hp from a sub 3L turbo diesel, it is not going to be reliable at doing that and keep the torque curve as usable as possible.

5. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I’m wondering if we will see any SBR4 facelifts to go with any new power plant options. Auto makers usually at least put badges on (and where I live fuel efficient cars get stickers which allows them to use special parking spots, HOV lanes, etc...)

Plus, shoving what looks like a fairly advanced system in (judging by how small the batteries are) into a 2013 vehicle without any visual updates doesn’t seem like a good idea from a business perspective.

#14445 ManfredE3, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Fit it into a car then.

7. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

make a bigger car.

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That is why modern powerful engines are impressive, they have somewhat good reliability, despite having huge power from small displacement.

German cars tend to be rather good and their engines are very best, old and new ones are capable to insane levels of power fairly reliably.

I do wonder what kind of power levels new SBR4 gets, will it compete with combustion engine versions or will it be new top of the line model that extends beyond what currently is or is it perhaps going to be just somewhat sporty model below current combustion engine models.

Either way, it requires that there is proper German hybrid or even full electric model to compete with this SBR4 variant :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

It'd be cool to one day get a fully electric car - one designed to be electric (like a Tesla of sorts) :p

just my random three cents ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

it's very exciting to see an official electric car, and i am curious to see what purpose this will have. how many trims, more economy-focused (doubt) or more extreme performance focused.

but i have to admit, the chance of getting a hybrid version was a bit more exciting, as it would have opened up even more possibilities in regards to mods or even other official content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

i wonder if it will have aero parts, grill, bumpers, maybe even folded in door handles it already does xd
    quick dirty photoshop concept
    \ screenshot.png

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

most likely either no grill or a very small one.

i'm just waiting patiently for an official SBR4 GT3 car :p

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I have an unofficial one :D

Aerodynamic characteristics are something that I would need to work quite a bit I believe, hillclimb version probably has bit much downforce.

ETK GTR3 would also be needed, we can't leave all the racing to unreliable Japanese vehicles, also German vehicles have very long traditions in racing at highest levels.

Maybe we should form racing section of BeamNG with few of us who are bit inclined to that direction, then even very small, we could be very vocal activist group pushing forward of our race oriented goals :D

#14453 fufsgfen, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

upload_2019-1-16_22-48-32.png

cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

SBE4 confirmed

Also, Bluebuck when? Are the Bluebuck and Wendover just dead, or are they still planned? This is getting ridiculous.

16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

Maybe a different body similar to a Tesla? This could be a whole new car for all we currently know.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The battery bank is such a weird shape, it must be to fill a driveshaft tunnel for a platform with traditional power train options too. Also, those wheels are so distinctively SBR4, which kinda worries me as I can’t imagine those on a modern car.

The SBR4 is such a weird car that I’ll be fine with seeing something weird for this too, as long as the tech fits the time frame. Being that so many performance electric cars are scheduled for early 2020’s, I really hope this car will be too.

Also... Regenerative brakes on this?..

#14458 ManfredE3, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 7
  19. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

i'd love if you could PM me the file lol. i worked on one before, was extra wide with big aero, brake ventilation, yellow headlights (wasn't accurate but looked cool lol) but just couldn't figure out the jbeam side of things.

i think it would be cool to have a k-series GT4 car, and an ETK pace car (could possibly be the 800-series lol).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. BeamNG.Lover2002

BeamNG.Lover2002
    Expand Collapse

wouldn't it be SBRE confirmed?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice