Update suggestions to the T-75 Semi

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Leandro., Dec 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Leandro.

Leandro.
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Well, hello there!

Y'all know that every old vehicle from Beam.NG is going to be completely re-worked, right? The T-75 (Or 65, whatever) is not an exception. And, i don't wanna miss the oportunity to give some ideas for what would be awesome to be re-worked or added to the vehicle, because honestly, looks kinda boring.

First of all, let's talk about engines, as the config says, the T-Series engines is a 6-cylinder made by Gavril. It seems Ok, 6-cylinders are the most efficient type of diesel engine. However, should NOT be made by Gavril. Most of conventional american trucks uses engines from "engine-factory-only-companys", such as Cummins and Caterpillar (Both included on the International 9300, the T-Series' real cousin). Their horsepower can change from truck to truck, as each usually they don't need a high horsepower engine (T-65's are a good example). More engine modifications are also welcome. Which belongs to the "New features category".

As i mentioned before, the T-Series looks very simple. Let's talk about something first: Brakes. Well... There's 3 types of brakes to mention here: The truck brake, the trailer brake and the engine brake (Don't think engine brake is the same as cars!) Let's talk about them.

Every heavy vehicle has an unique braking system, which works with a air-compressor that runs with the engine power, that creates air to make the brakes work. To make air, let your engine go at high RPM. Seems simple, right? But as long as you brake, you'll get ran out of air, then... Pray to not find someone on your way.

In order to not create accidents envolving trucks, they got the Engine brake. Which changes the sequence of the mixture of air-diesel, making the cylinders kinda like pushing them down, making the truck brake by the driveshaft. Another essential thing that NEEDS to be added.

The trailer brake works at the same way as the truck brake. But they don't have the compressor, so they need a truck to power them. Which is connected by the cables between the cab and the trailer. Those cables can also be added as decorative, but they can have a special function if anyone finds necessary: If they detach from any side, the trailers detect an air leak, and activates the emergency system, which locks the brake wheels. Interessing, right?

Enough of this, let's get into more decorative stuff.
    OOOOH.jpg

Starting with the aero "spoiler". It's just an aero spolier attached in the top of the cab. Some aerodynamic modifications are very welcome. The T-75 really needs some curves on it.
    Wow.jpg wwww.jpg
    Chrome. Everything chrome would be a nice touch to the vehicle. It really needs some chrome. Oh! Don't mentioned the chrome spoiler on the sleeper cab. Could be also interessing.

beeee.jpg
    Trilex rims, made out of molten steel, would be just not a great addition to the T-75, but for trailers as well.
    Well... That's enough i guess, if anyone wants to increment anything more, feel free to reply this. To the developers, i know y'all can go even further when adding new stuff to the T-Series, and i'm sure it will turns out great on it's release. Well, that's all i have to say.

Goodbye!

Attached Files:

• 8713715803_11b83836ce_b.jpg
    • Aeroboi.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  2. sduncil95

sduncil95
    Expand Collapse

Just to add to the suggestion pool, I find the T-series's interior to be very lacking sure its seems to fit for a base model fleet truck but truckers like to customize their rigs. Since this truck is from the 70's it very much needs (albeit non-functional) a CB radio adorning the interior roof and a slew of interior options like carpeting maybe some after market or alternative steering wheels etc. On the outside I would say marker lights and external air cleaners about 90% of the rigs I see when I drive at night have the external air cleaners and most of them are covered in lights usually on the cleaners, steps and visor/spoiler. Back on the sub-subject of the CB radio a nice touch would be to also add an antenna for it since most off road capable vehicles have the same antenna so i presume they would have a CB.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. marianoarcas

marianoarcas
    Expand Collapse

agree about the brakes in the t series, it has no sense in a trucks point of view that it got no engine brake, and infinite air, remember that a truck has the brakes allways engaged, and the air pressure releases the springs and therefore the brakes

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. ALEX3000

ALEX3000
    Expand Collapse

This model is not enough.

Attached Files:

• tZitNSUhT2A.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

If it only would be as easy to add those things as it is to want them

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Frank ツ

Frank ツ
    Expand Collapse

The brakes dont work as you described.

Airpressure is needed to keep to brakes “open” like not braking.
    No air means brakes applied and you will not drive a single meter

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Specht77

Specht77
    Expand Collapse

Something that I never understood is why T Series doesn't have Range/Splitter transmissions

I mean, as far as i remember when T Series was launched, D series already had range selector by default, so why wouldn't they add it to T Series also?

It's been more than a half of a decade that I'm waiting for a Range/Splitter so I can actually drive this truck with a G27 Shifter without having to download mods...

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. ALEX3000

ALEX3000
    Expand Collapse

Interesting video with our hero. Neither one nor the other modification is, unfortunately, not represented in the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice