1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Updated - West coast USA lag - Force feedback

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Brother_Dave, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

OLD desc:

Ive resolved it myself but might aswell post it here in if anyone else has issues.

I was driving the D15 in Sandy Mountain, a map that I earlier had issues with lag before i changed from my old 2gb AMD Raden RX480 gpu,to my current 2gb Geforce GTX 1050 EX OC (replacing the AMD gpu solved numerous lag problems).

Im using an ancient Microsoft FF wheel that works good. Ive had a hunch though that theres something up with FFB, either in Beamng or with my wheel.

Back to the issue, i added a police car and began a chase. For some reason my wheels ffb was completely missing, usually it has alittle resistance in it but this time it was just loose. Every time i got close to the other car and tunred the wheel the game would lag horribly, until the car settled. Im assuming its the mapped x-axis values that did some black magic things. I paused the game and enabled FFB ingame and it stopped lagging. I disabled FFB and there still wasnt any lagg. Ive experienced this in the latest added map too.

Just wanted to post this for the devs to know about, if there is any other bugs with FFB or similar lag i thought this might help bug resolving.

EDIT:

Creating a chase scene today in WCUSA i had no lag at all with two Caprices. All of a sudden it started lagging bad, as experienced before in mostly WCUSA.

Chose another map and the lag was gone.

Difference? On WCUSA i had more or less no FFB in the wheel and didnt think to much about it but when i chose a new map (heavy lag in menu too) the lag was gone BUT the FFB was back at the correct strength. If the WCUSA lag issue-thing that is mentioned in other threads and a post by the devs, is due to the same cause as mine then it sure seems to have something to do with FFB.

#1 Brother_Dave, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  2. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Are you sure it's the FFB that creates low FPS, or is it the low FPS that worsens FFB?

FFB will not work correctly at low FPS. It is recommended to get 60-120FPS or more for FFB to work best.

Current version of BeamNG.drive seems to randomly drop framerate down to 10fps or so in random circumstances that we have not yet been able to pinpoint or reproduce. If you suffered this bug, this would influence FFB. Are you sure that's not the case?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice