[urgent] Intel MOBO P.O.S.T Code 10/4 Beeps? Won't Boot

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Josh, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Went to jump on my PC this morning and got no response, tried to reboot and nothing. Rebooted it again and got post code 10 and 4 beeps. Specs in my signature, if you cant see it its

• Intel DZ77GA-70 extreme motherboard
    • I7-3770K
    • ASUS AMD 380X
    • 12 GB RAM
    • Windows 10
    • Corsair CM550

I searched it up and generic 4 beep post code means "system timer fault" which is non repairable and requires a new MOBO is this correct?

I can't find any info on code 10, for this MOBO.

Tried one stick of RAM in all slots and same result, tried pulling CMOS battery.

All parts are about 7 months old except for the CPU and RAM, which came from my previous pre-built HP tower.

I built it because the MOBO in the HP system died which I first bought in 2012.

Thanks for any help.

2. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

First thing's first, make sure to take out the RAM and CPU and reseat both of them, ideally cleaning contacts with alcohol.

The next step, and please try this step as it has fixed so many erroneous POST errors, is to unplug the PC, ensure the power supply switch is ON, and hold the power button to drain the system's capacitors.

Should that not work, I've heard there's a button behind or at the bottom that's called "Back to BIOS" on your motherboard which resets the BIOS from the factory backup or something like that. Give that a shot, or something similar along the lines of resetting the BIOS.

If that doesn't work, you can try alternate power supplies in case a voltage drop on one of the rails is causing some strange behaviour. From there I'm out of ideas. Good luck.

3. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Ok, tried all above steps same result I'm out of ideas also.

It was working fine last night, went out to do some stuff (left the PC running). Went to jump on this morning and had no response with the mouse so I tried to reboot and got the post beeps and code 10.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice