Released Use ps3 controller with beamng without motioninjoi

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by firestorm7893, Mar 11, 2015.

1. firestorm7893

firestorm7893
    Expand Collapse

Hi! This is my first post in english for me so if there are some grammar errors is because i don't speak english very well (I'm italian).
    Finally i found a way to use the ps3 controller with beamng drive without motioninjoi!!
    --------------------------------------------------1 step------------------------------------------------------------
    The first thing we need to get started is the zipped folder that i have put in the attachments section
    After you have downloaded that you have to extract the 3 zipped folders inside of it.
    Capture.PNG It should look like this.
    Now we have to connect the ps3 controller to the computer. If it install the drivers automatically you can skip the 2 step.
    ------------------------------------------------- 2 step ------------------------------------------------------------
    If windows doesn't install the drivers automatically you have to check what operative system are you using (64 bit or 32 bit)
    To check what version you have just go in the hard disk and if there is only a folder called program files you probabily have a 32 bit system but if there are to folder (Program files and Program files x86) you have a 64 bit system.
    my system is 64 so i have to extract the ps3 x64 folder.
    Capture.PNG
    Ok now open the control panel go in the hardware and sound section and select devices and printers.
    the screen should look like this:
    Capture.PNG
    Right click on the ps3 controller and select properties, after the menu shows up go in the hardware section and select properties
    Capture.PNG
    Another menu shows up click on change settings. Now go in the drivers tab and click update drivers
    Capture.PNG
    It will ask you if search in internet for drivers or browse it manually, select to browse for it manually and choose the folder of the drivers.
    Capture.PNG
    Now you can click next and the drivers will be installed. (If it say's that the drivers installed are older than the one that are already installed you are good to go)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------3 Step ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now we have to install two softwares those re in the scp ds3 driver package zipped folder.
    Extract all the files where you want. theere will be 3 executables. Run them and if they say that there is a newer version of the software is even better. Capture.PNG
    Now go in the xbox 360 controller drivers folder, select the operative system you have and install the file in the folder you have selected.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------4 Step -----------------------------------------------
    Extract ScpServer where you want and open the bin folder inside of it. This is the last step and waht you have to do is to run ScpDriver. When the window opens you should see three tick, check force install (remove bluethoot driver if you don't have bluethoot) and click install.
    Capture.PNG
    After the installation you should see that the controller is connected and now you can play with all the games that supports a controller

NOTE: if windows says that the files are from another computer, just zip them again and then extract them. This should do the trick

Attached Files:

#1 firestorm7893, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

You my friend, may have just hit a goldmine with people who use the PS3 controller.
    I dont use it, because I have my wheel. But I will certainly look into this more when I need to test my PS3 controller again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. zagueiro.qa

zagueiro.qa
    Expand Collapse

I use Scarlet.Crush's one and it works very well.

4. mtchll3

mtchll3
    Expand Collapse

Good to see someones made a thread for it, I've been using it scp since before the prerace update, though you can google it, there's a lot of youtube videos on it

5. Gryphon1234

Gryphon1234
    Expand Collapse

You lost me at step 3. The driver didn't install because it said the one there was already better. The instructions you gave got a bit confusing from there.

6. firestorm7893

firestorm7893
    Expand Collapse

Fixed it. Thanks for pointing that.

7. badriverequisite

badriverequisite
    Expand Collapse

I use this one too and it works like a charm.

8. nathantc

nathantc
    Expand Collapse

i to play with my ps3 controller, only trouble im currently having is trying to add the start button to freeze psychics, any of you tech savvy guys know what needs to be typed in to do this

9. Tardiskris11

Tardiskris11
    Expand Collapse

I use better-ds3 to emulate my ps3 controller as an xbox 360 controller. BeamNG automatically recognizes 360 controllers, so from there you're good. Just get the drivers before you try to use better-ds3. It also has a useful feature that recognizes when you plug in your controller, but only when it's open.

10. Scottybo2

Scottybo2
    Expand Collapse

I've used SCP For years now and it's so much better than motioninjoy sh... It acts as a Xbox 360 controller if you wonder everyone

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice