1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

User interface absolutely CHUGS

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by vmlinuz, Aug 17, 2018.

1. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

The UI is really slow. There is often at least a two-second wait between clicking on something and that click being registered. Is it just me - is there a way to speed it up - or is this a bug in the game? It's been like this since as early as the original Race Update, but it's really super extra laggy for me right now.

Seriously, though - the game itself is better optimized than ever and runs just fine on my laptop, but the UI feels like it's running on a slightly mangy potato.

#1 vmlinuz, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

It has been a bug for quite a bit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

The devs said that they will improve the UI speed. A way to speed it up, is to remove mods.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

We are aware and are working on it *points at devblog*

Stuff to keep in mind:
    - Avoid having too many mods active at the same time (100 or less. The less, the better)
    - If weak CPU, use the UI resolution limiter setting

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ZoneSix

ZoneSix
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to add that on my machine (i5-3570K), without mods. The Vehicle Config menu is almost unusable, and in some cases actually unusable. It updates maybe every 10 seconds or so. I seem to be able to force it to update just using my scroll wheel. The actual HUD elements (APPS) don't seem smooth either, but I'm guessing that's a pretty known issue already.

#5 ZoneSix, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  6. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Hey, for once my vishera outperforms an intel unit!

Your processor may be on it’s way out. Other hardware? Overclocks?

7. ZoneSix

ZoneSix
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it's overclocked to 4.2GHz (Stable for years), RX 580 8GB at factory overclocked speeds and 16GB DDR3 RAM.

8. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Stable for YEARS? Probably on it’s way out, then.

9. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

It might be, but my 3750K has been at 4.5Ghz for over 4 years and it's just fine. That said, that amount of lag isn't normal. May I ask what map this is on, and with what car?

10. ZoneSix

ZoneSix
    Expand Collapse

As far as I observed, any map, any car. Especially the ETK I-series which make it unusable. It didn't use to be this bad. But it's always been pretty unresponsive, ever since this UI was introduced. I would say running the UI in a separate process might not be a good idea, since the actual game runs flawlessly.

EDIT: I just troubleshooted the graph UI elements (apps) slowing the entire UI down.

#10 ZoneSix, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  11. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, having lots of apps open won't help. Restarting your computer will help sometimes, if don't regularly. Otherwise there's not much you can do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice