1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

User Interface and controls

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by mrpopo, Apr 1, 2013.

1. mrpopo

mrpopo
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys, been following this for a while and I'm very interested.

My main ponderings are about the ease of use of your game. Will your tech demo, whenever it arrives, be a simple pick up and play piece of work, with deeper access for lua programmers etc. or will it require some knowledge and work on the part of the user to actually get things done?

Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing from you guys!

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. To play the game itself will require no extended knowledge, of Lua or otherwise. To create content requires knowledge of the various file formats and software involved. To write Lua scripts requires Lua knowledge.

3. mrpopo

mrpopo
    Expand Collapse

Hi, thanks for responding.

It's just that when I tried to pick up something like Rigs of Rods, it wasn't the most welcoming of interfaces and it took a while to figure out what was going on and how to make use of the very large number of controls involved, that are rather atypical, at least now, in other games that involve driving. I understand however that they don't go into the same detail that RoR did, or this game will.

4. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Ok, well I think he atleast meant UI, heh.
    The RoR config screen was pretty far from a ingame menu like most games have now.

So, what is the UI like?

5. mrpopo

mrpopo
    Expand Collapse

Rereading my posts, I haven't been clear at all. :p
    I'll be blunt this time.

How user friendly will the UI be? RoR was not user friendly to a person like me. Will this be the same or different?
    Will I be able to start the game, pick a vehicle, pick a map and drive stuff into walls and then press a button to reset everything.
    Will there be a tutorial or very brief getting started guide?

6. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

no offence dude, but you must have trouble reading or something, as umm, i figured it out on the first try, well, except for engine stalling, as my car kept stalling, but i thought it was the the engine not being powefull enough, then i actually read the controls in the bottom leftish corner, so, umm, seems pretty user friendly to me, and you could reset everything in ror as well, just press i or backspace (i for respawning the car in the original spawn point, and backpsace for respawning the car in its current position) there was also a tutorial/getting started guide for ror as well, it was just in the ror wiki instead of the game itself

7. joytech22

joytech22
    Expand Collapse

Dude he's not alone, I had tons of issues in ROR.
    When I first got the game, I didn't have any idea how to reset the vehicle, spawn new vehicles, fly planes or helicopters or use vehicle attachments/cranes etc..

Every time I wanted to delete a car or reset my car to fixed I actually restarted the game (which only took seconds but still..)
    ROR still isn't the most stable thing out there, deleting a vehicle will crash the game at times and sometimes resetting the map will cause objects to obliterate into black triangles.

8. xphenz

xphenz
    Expand Collapse

I still dont know how to take off with a plane in RoR :eek:

9. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

and i quote "THERES A BEGINNERS GUIDE IN THE RIGS OF RODS WIKI"

second off, the deleting car bug isnt the game thats bugged, its the vehicle, as i have no problem deleting most cars after spawning them, only some crash, and no, my current comp isnt even CLOSE to powerfull, its actually the complete opisite.

you must have done something wrong as ive never seen myself or anyone on the ror forums get a black triangle error.

Beginners guide:

http://www.rigsofrods.com/wiki/pages/Beginner%27s_Guide

10. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Well....back to BeamNG? :D

I still want to know what kind of UI there is.

11. .Alpha

.Alpha
    Expand Collapse

Me too, you guys are getting a little bit off topic here. So lets get this back on track please.

12. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

you will see when its done :)

13. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

D:

I think there is none. :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice