Solved Using variables within JBeam files

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Jamie599, May 24, 2021.

1. Jamie599

Jamie599
    Expand Collapse

I am wondering if it is possible to use variables that don't show in the tuning menu, and which can also have their value set throughout the JBeam script.

Something like this:
    image_2021-05-24_092528.png

Not sure if this is even possible, but thought id ask in case someone knows how.

#1 Jamie599, May 24, 2021
    Last edited: May 24, 2021
  2. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

As far as I know this is not possible. It's definitely not possible to use the variables for different purposes thru lua. The variables system is rooted in the jbeam loader and can therefore not be altered as being a mod, unless you would go about reprogramming the jbeam loader itself, which probably isn't 'the best idea' :p As an experiment, sure, bot not if you want a working mod that can be shared.
    I asked about reprogramming the variables system here : https://www.beamng.com/threads/a-variable-for-the-jbeam-files-but-defined-by-a-lua-file.70386/

3. Jamie599

Jamie599
    Expand Collapse

Ah, yeah I had a feeling this wasn't possible. Oh well, I was only wanting it for some cleaner code anyways. Thanks for your response.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice