1. Stuck or having problems creating your mod?
  2. GPU Fatal Error? Intel HD Graphics 620/630 Crashes? Help us solve them!
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Beta released (V1.2 RELEASED) 1968-1972 Mazda Cosmo (L10B)

Discussion in 'Land' started by Driv3r1142, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Spicymeymeys420

Spicymeymeys420
    Expand Collapse

Understandable, i am not really the person that likes using a ton of modded vehicles and configs, i like my game vanilla but with a couple of mods here and there.
    But i do like seeing and encouraging people to make and release mods. So keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Argonsea

Argonsea
    Expand Collapse

No sound?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Argonsea

Argonsea
    Expand Collapse

Still nothing

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. zestyfolfdude

zestyfolfdude
    Expand Collapse

What version of BeamNG are you using?

5. ESHKETIT

ESHKETIT
    Expand Collapse

Love it, looks so realistic!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Small bump, I'm working on an update :)

There will be a noticeable change to how the car handles, and the overall stock ride will be softer. There will also be a few engine performance upgrades.
    Some new sounds will also be included, they're from @yannis01186 's Mazda RX-7 mod (Which they're originally from Forza.)

Also, I've started working on a quick L10A conversion;
    screenshot_2019-10-29_00-59-03.png screenshot_2019-10-29_00-59-13.png

screenshot_2019-10-29_01-00-35.png screenshot_2019-10-29_01-00-46.png

screenshot_2019-10-29_01-01-04.png screenshot_2019-10-29_01-01-13.png

Skins still work, though fair warning to skin makers, the rear quarters might look a bit weird due to the nature of the required model edits;

screenshot_2019-10-29_01-03-46.png

I still need the original 14" wheels, though they shouldn't be too difficult to make since there's a lot more references for these. Also I need to adjust the air cleaner texture and add in the 0810 engine torque curve.

This only took a few hours vs the several days I was originally expecting, and should be ready for the next update. I'm considering some alternate badging and remaking the pre-production models, though those will take significantly more work.
    --- Post updated ---
    The 0810 engine has also been added, indicated by the yellow air filter housing
    screenshot_2019-10-29_01-52-48.png

• Like Like x 33
  7. ESHKETIT

ESHKETIT
    Expand Collapse

keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Also since the thumbnail generator has been working again for quite some time now, I decided to retake the thumbnails;

Untitled.png

• Like Like x 14
  9. donburi

donburi
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!

As far as you can see, there are L10A and L10B cosmo sports.

Good job!
    If you like, we will look for information on Cosmo Sports L10A and prototype version.

• Like Like x 1
  10. donburi

donburi
    Expand Collapse

Prototype material referenced from Wikipedia.

This is a machine-translated sentence, but only for reference.

This is a request, but I want you to add a starter sound.

I found the sound of the horn, so please use it.
    This is definitely a cosmo sports horn.

------Wikipedia text------

prototype
    At the 10th All Japan Auto Show (later Tokyo Motor Show) held from October 26th to November 10th, 1963, as a Mazda rotary engine, 400cc x 1 rotor (35PS) and 400cc x Two prototypes of 2-rotor (70PS) prototypes were exhibited, and a photo panel of “Rotary engine test prototype (Cosmo Sports prototype)” was also displayed at the venue . Although there was no vehicle exhibition , President Tsuneji Matsuda at that time himself held the steering wheel of the first prototype Cosmo Sport “MAZDA 802 (L402A)” and took a ride from Hiroshima to the car show venue. Struck. There are also episodes of visiting each sales company, Sumitomo Bank of the main bank, and Prime Minister Hayato Ikeda on the way home. The first Cosmo Sport prototype was publicly announced on the Asahi Shimbun dated October 20, 1963 , six days before the auto show, which was a scoop from the Asahi Shimbun. .
    By the way, there are at least two types of primary prototypes. Individuals with the “5-5 32-85” license plate (registered in August 1963) have no plating mall on the weather strips of the front and rear window screens. Is a parallel three blade, the quart pillar emblem mounting position is lower, the car radio antenna mounting position is between the rear glass and the trunk lid, and the long tail lamp is a four-lamp type with a partition in the center. Individuals equipped with the license plate of “5-5 57-35” (registered in October 1963) have plating malls on the weatherstrips of the front and rear window screens, and the wiper is a parallel 2-blade emblem of the quarter pillar. The mounting position is the center of the pillar, the mounting position of the car radio antenna is the upper part of the right rear fender, and the laterally long tail lamp has no partition in the center and looks like a two-lamp type (the lamp of the lamp installed inside) It seems that the number was based on 32-85 cars) .
    These two "MAZDA 802" appeared in the car show parking lot as a surprise . Five primary prototypes were produced by the time the auto show was held .
    The next year, the first actual vehicle (prototype) was officially exhibited at the 11th Tokyo Motor Show held from September 26th to October 9th in 1964. The name at the time of exhibition was "MAZDA COSMO". The installed engine is L8A type (70ps / 6,000rpm) with 399cc x 2 rotors. The car exhibited at the show was a secondary prototype, and the design of the tail part was significantly different from that of the primary prototype, making it close to a mass-produced vehicle. In addition, a triangular window is added to the side window, the wiper is a two-blade facing type, and the front fender louver, which is one of the features on the exterior, is plated with a narrow slit from the six-hole plated product of the primary prototype car Has been changed to . Until the second prototype, a white cover covering the left and right quarter pillars was attached to the rear part of the roof . Multiple secondary prototypes are manufactured, with wiper parallel 2-blade, wheel cover half-cover type with 5-hole wheel, center lock type wire spoke wheel, quarter pillar Narrow width, cowl top vents are lattice like the primary prototype, front fender side air outlet is not louvered, door outer handle is long and no dent on door panel, front turn Various specifications existed such as a signal lamp lens with amber color .
    A prototype of Cosmo Sport was also exhibited at the 12th Tokyo Motor Show, held from October 29th to November 1st in 1965. The name of the vehicle exhibited was “MAZDA COSMO” this year. The pamphlet distributed at the show venue stated that “a revolutionary engine is (omitted) with 2 rotors and a single chamber volume of 500cc”. Seems to have been installed. Exhibited cars that were considered to be tertiary prototypes had the white roof cover omitted, the roof and quarter pillars were painted white, and the design of the full cover type wheel cover was slightly changed. In addition, the front fender louver was a simple one in which a slit was directly press-formed on the fender panel. This seems to be a design change to reduce the number of parts and man-hours on the production line, and as a result, I regret that the design of the front fender resembled the Ferrari 400SA. The vehicle exhibited at this time was announced as the final production type, and it was announced that it would be commissioned to Mazda dealers across the country to conduct a practical test (without details being disclosed at that time) . From the characteristics of each part of the car body, the prototype car named “outsourced test car” is presumed to be the “MAZDA COSMO” of the third prototype or an improved version of the third prototype. The outsourced test was initially started in August 1965, and the number of test cars to be rented was scheduled to be 30 .
    Following the 13th All Japan Auto Show held from October 26th to November 8th, 1966, a Cosmo Sports prototype was exhibited. The name of the vehicle exhibited was “MAZDA COSMO SPORTS” (the name of the commercial model was “MAZDA COSMO SPORT”). Further improvements were made based on the practical test, and it was announced in 1967 (Showa 42) in the spring and the price was undecided .
    By the time it was put on the market, outsourced tests were conducted over a period of one year from January to December 1966 with 47 units of “MAZDA COSMO” lent to dealers in various regions. The headquarters included a running test that reached a total distance of 3 million km, including a continuous durability test of 100,000 km with a prototype vehicle.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. donburi

donburi
    Expand Collapse

I have collected videos.

Full Nomal Cosmo Sport.↓

Came out with Ultraman, MAT vehicle.↓

A cosmo sport tuned by RE Amemiya.↓

• Like Like x 12
  12. DiRF

DiRF
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice