Variable Turbo for D-series

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Klutch, Jan 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Klutch

Klutch
    Expand Collapse

I've working on my mod which uses BeamNG.drive official car D-series. My idea is to make Turbo charged pickup but I'm not sure how to do it. If someone knows how to, then tell me on comments so that I could make my mod done. You may upload file on your post or explanations.

*This Poll will be closed after 3 weeks. If you could help me, I would really appreciate it.

2. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

I'm doing a Diesel I6 Engine mod that includes NA and Turbo versions only at the moment. Turbo is working fine, and I don't mind send you the script but we've moved onto another house and we have everything packed and the gaming room isn't finished, so it can last 2 or 3 days :)

3. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Reverse engineer both the stock d-series supercharger and let's say the I series stage 3 turbo.
    Combine them together and it should workfine. When you get the turbo working you could play around with the model to make it fit the engine.

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

You have slots at top of engine file of pickup (D-series engines are in steamapps\common\beamng\content\vehicles\common.zip).

One of the slots is like this:
    ["pickup_intake_v8","pickup_intake_v8", "Intake",{"coreSlot":true}],

Intake slot is where supercharger and turbo parts belong to.

So in supercharger/turbo part you need to have information which slot it belongs to, it is like this:
    "slotType" : "pickup_intake_v8",

Now in ETKi engine file you can find variable turbo part (steamapps\common\beamng\content\vehicles\etki.zip) you have there also slot where part belongs to, like this:
    "slotType" : "etki_intake_3.0",

You take whole variable turbo section from { to } copy it to new file and change that slot type to "pickup_intake_v8", remember also to give part correct name so that it does not conflict with ingame stuff, you need to change name in two places and have unique filename for it.

5. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

You still need a turbo for the D Series? I can post the file here if you want, but you'll have to change the slots and names and all the stuff like that so it can work with the V8s and I6 Engine, and it isn't variable tho

6. Klutch

Klutch
    Expand Collapse

Thanks guys, I would try and tell you after it went well. ^^ Specially fufsgfen, thx
    --- Post updated ---
    Can you put a zip file if you can? I would like to compare with your work and my work

7. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely! Here you have, but think it's for a Diesel engine!

Attached Files:

8. Klutch

Klutch
    Expand Collapse

Thx. I might can figure it out the diesel part... Maybe.. :A

9. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

It's easy, you just have to change the "tab" of engineRPM, turboefficiency and exhaustfactor.
    I hope you can profit it!

10. Klutch

Klutch
    Expand Collapse

Oh I see. I'll try it now!

11. AngryJesus

AngryJesus
    Expand Collapse

Any progress on the turbo for the D-Series 4.5 and 5.5 engines? I'd make stage 1-3 with a stg 4 being variable but im unsure how to start.

12. Klutch

Klutch
    Expand Collapse

Let me figure it out if you give me the file. Thx for applying by the way. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice