1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Various shifting annoyances + some extras

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by PinheadLarry, Aug 12, 2017.

1. PinheadLarry

PinheadLarry
    Expand Collapse

So since the latest update, I've noticed some really irritating shifting problems. Starting off with the Grand Marshal/D15/Van, it seems like flooring it from a dead stop results in minor redlining in first gear and pretty harsh redlining in second gear. I've tried both the 4.5 and 5.5 engines with the 4 and 6 speed automatics (obviously that's specific to the truck/van) as well as with the high stall and normal torque converters all to the same result.

And as for manuals, shifting in these is all bugged up for me. No matter how many times I play with the setting, reset the car, change from realistic to arcade, and even deleting all my settings and basically starting fresh, it ALWAYS gets stuck in that annoying arcade-style shifting where you don't even have to touch the clutch.

And finally, the clutch assist, auto-preheated engines + brakes, AND the engine safety options are all stuck on it would seem, because the clutch deal is wonky as mentioned, the engine and brakes always start warm, and I can't overrev the engine unless I hold the handbrake so the drive wheels stop and then shift to the gear I want.

EDIT: Another thing I noticed with the automatics is that they hold a gear WAAAAAAAAY too long after you stop giving it the berries.

#1 PinheadLarry, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice