Vegas's 3D cars and car movie stuff

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by Vegas777, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

So it's about time I have my own thread about my 3D car models. I am not currently working on any mods since I suck at code and learning jbeam sounds like sacred information that can only be found on the top of mount everest on the top of the great wall of china at the same time. Anyways, here's a Crown Victoria remaster I am doing. This is probably the 1,000th Crown Vic 3D model but I own this car in real life so I have the right to make it

: Screenshot2141.png Screenshot2141.png Screenshot2139.png Screenshot2142.png

2. BroZy

BroZy
    Expand Collapse

Looks nice.
    The Modding For Dummies discord server could help you with learning jbeam.

3. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

I'm in that actually. I got turned off when I asked in the #help section about reflection issues on my model and someone said "then fix it". I'm still in it though just in case I want to attempt it again, for now I just want to improve my modelling with or without the help.

4. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

The modding for dummies server is kinda crap. Have fun getting anyone to explain anything to you throughly. I haven’t been in it in a long time though, so maybe it’s better now.

5. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

I'm in it and yeah there's some good modders but I swear there's a secret society where sacred information is kept because I'm not seeing where these modders get their knoledge. Even as a 3D modeler I found it easy finding resources on 3D modeling and I took it from there but all that jbeam stuff, I'm afraid that's reserved for the elite modders.

6. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

istg its true. Most likely what happened honestly is they just reverse-engineered the stuff and learned that way, and then only share little tidbits here and there with other experienced modders. That's usually what happens with stuff like this.

It is really annoying though that there's no way to actually learn how to do most of this stuff without figuring it out yourself. Ive tried to figure out how the jbeam stuff works but it just looks like random letters. I can do slots sorta, but the only way i can do nodes and triangles is through node beam editor which doesn't work. I also don't know how to do a plethora of other things because there's 0 documentation on it and like 2 people willing to help.

7. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

well for the time being, I'm just gonna model. I know a lot of people can't model for shit but, I know some good resources and don't mind sharing my techniques in fact I'm pretty open about it.

8. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I've been doing modeling for a while now. Its the easiest part, because there's lots of documentation on how to do it.

9. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

Front and rear bumpers complete.
    Screenshot2154.png Screenshot2155.png Screenshot2156.png
    Screenshot2151.png Screenshot2152.png Screenshot2153.png

10. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

Successfully cut out all the panels

Screenshot2160.png Screenshot2161.png Screenshot2162.png

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

Wireframe pics

Screenshot2169.png Screenshot2170.png Screenshot2171.png Screenshot2172.png Screenshot2173.png Screenshot2174.png Screenshot2175.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

13. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

polyflow looks hawt :rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::eek::mad:;):eek:o_Oo_O:confused::confused::confused::confused::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::):(:confused::confused::):(:(;););););)

14. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

if only I could jbeam

15. BroZy

BroZy
    Expand Collapse

ge.png g.png
    It's not a mod.

16. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Possibly just do the model and get someone else to jbeam and get it in game? The existing crown Vic mod is really old and I’m not even sure if it still works since I haven’t used it in a while.

17. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

It still works but the model is not that good, I own the real car so I can tell it's inaccurate. The deformation is okay but the car seems too light on parts and the underside textures just don't exist.

I wouldn't know where to get someone to jbeam my car, if someone wants to jump in I'd be more than happy to let them but until then I just make the models.

18. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

If I knew jbeam myself and had the time to set aside, I might try to help you, unfortunately I don’t have either of those things right now with school going on.

19. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

hey that's fine, I've got time. If someone happens to come across this post and wants to work with me I'll be ready any time.

20. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

color coded the different sections of mesh to help with assigning materials and UV unwrapping later

Screenshot2181.png Screenshot2182.png Screenshot2183.png Screenshot2184.png

Attached Files:

• Screenshot2185.png
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice