Unsolved Vehicle Creation

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by bigdaddy PlaytestDS, Dec 8, 2019.

1. bigdaddy PlaytestDS

bigdaddy PlaytestDS
    Expand Collapse

Sooooo, I've started modeling a bit around for our final computer science project in school,
    and since Tesla showed a vid, where their Cybertruck was faster then a Porsche 911, and I am German,
    I thought about making a small video in our end presentation (just for the teachers enjoyment),
    where our self created sports car beats the Cybertruck :p
    Anyways, I've done some modeling, and already faced some problems at the beginning. After creating
    the basic vehicle itself with it's shape and faces etc., I started connecting the nodes like they said
    in the guide, but as I changed to the edit mode, some of the faces I did added after working on the
    car's shape, "deleted" some edges. So I decided to delete all faces and add the missing edges. After
    exporting the jbeam file, adding everything, checking, if everything was right, I put it in Beamng.drive
    and started testing it, but it showed up (1) upside down and under the surface (which is propably my
    bad because I've set some stuff wrong in Blender) and (2) I could see the nodes colored red and beams
    colored blue, WITHOUT having the "show beams and nodes" setting on. The next thing I found out was,
    that the model itself is very flexible, like the beams and nodes are actually a part of the vehicle
    body, and that was cool to watch but strange at the same time.

My question now is: What the hell did I do wrong? (attached files do contain [hopefully] every needed information)

PS.: Sorry for my bad english and since I am really busy the next few days I might not answer immdedialy, but will do as soon as I have time! :D

Attached Files:

• 20191208174905_1.jpg
    • infojson.png
    • jbeam1.png
    • infojson.png
    • jbeam1.png
    • jbeam2.png
    • Connecting.png
  2. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

i am fairly new to this aswell but i can help you with your issue. Firstly, the blue beams show up when you dont have a "flexbody" in the code lines. The "flexbody" goes above the starting of the node coordinates. Secondly, your car keeps spawning under the map and upside down because you donbt have anby ref nodes, or if you do, you have defined some nodes that do not exist. I hope i helped a little bit. Pm me and i can help even more. I will need to ask for the files. If you could send me them i will help[ you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigdaddy PlaytestDS

bigdaddy PlaytestDS
    Expand Collapse

Since I am really busy, could you give me your steam or discord. That's where I am mostly active on ^^

EDIT: Better idea: Just add me, but comment before so I know you are not one of those scammers ^^

#3 bigdaddy PlaytestDS, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  4. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

i am not sure what you ean by add you so i will give you my discord. It is i.want.to.mod#3491

5. BDR_Guy

BDR_Guy
    Expand Collapse

Who Can Make me a identical in game copy of this truck

Attached Files:

• SV100688.jpg
    • SV100483.jpg
    • 117_1704.jpg
    • 100_2296-1.jpg
    • SV100533.jpg
    • SV100717.jpg
    • SV100715.jpg
    • IMG_4671.jpg
  6. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

isnt there already a mod for that?
    --- Post updated ---
    also this is a forum thread to help someone, not a thread to request a mod

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice