1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Vehicle handling

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Superman, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Superman

Superman
    Expand Collapse

How does the vehicle handling work in this game? Is it like GTA IV where there is a handling.dat file and inside there is all the parameters for mass, top speed, suspension travel etc. Or is it not like that?

Cheers Tom

2. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

The vehicles have actual physics, in a sense the handling is real. What I can see happening is something similar to Rigs of Rods. Each vehicle has it's own file and in the vehicle's file are the parameters for engine performance and the list of physical properties and coordinates for the nodes and beams that make up the vehicle's physical structure.

#2 Hati, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  3. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

It's nothing like GTA at all. To edit the handling you'd have to edit the properties of various components, like the spring and damping values of the springs/shocks, the stiffness of the tires, the stickiness of the tire tread, etc.

4. A Quest

A Quest
    Expand Collapse

That basically means just like in reality, to improve your driving you want to alter the mechanics, not your interpretation of how to drive "better"
    This'll be awesome.

5. Superman

Superman
    Expand Collapse

Will the handling be very realistic or will it be authentic?

6. TheRealPhil

TheRealPhil
    Expand Collapse

I dont know if you played ROR , the handling quality reached from quite reallistic ( like the garvil cars) to not even near to neither driveable nor reallistic . It REALLY depends on the quality of the cars. All in all i can say dont expect a forza 4 or GranTurimo 5 , but dont worry it wont be like GTA 4. hope it helped;)

7. FordMan95

FordMan95
    Expand Collapse

Thats good, considering a lot of RoR players will be coming to beamng, Why not have a similar system. Also it should be a bit easier to change things than RoR.

8. TheRealPhil

TheRealPhil
    Expand Collapse

true story , i loved ror , even if i couldnt drive cars like the garvil mv4 because of the non-existance of a proper fps count. but the cars i COULD drive had an excellent handling

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice