Vehicle stress sounds

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Vital, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Vital

Vital
    Expand Collapse

I notice when I drive the van/tow truck on dirt roads i got vibration goin' on there, i see the mirrors move and everything as it does IRL which is pretty neat but the truck is pretty silent. I think it's missing the stress sounds which can include groaning, squeaks, metal parts coming into contact. If this would be combined with the vibration picked up by the vehicle on country roads or asphalt it would certainly be something quite spectacular

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  2. rol0

rol0
    Expand Collapse

I second this.

3. Beam NG Driver

Beam NG Driver
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  4. TDK

TDK
    Expand Collapse
    FLIT KILLS MOTHS
    BeamNG Team

It really depends on what the suspension is doing. If you're just driving along a dirt road, the sound will be drowned out by the powertrain. If it's not responding to bumps, then there's a problem. I'll try and have a look tomorrow (it's a public holiday today) but I'm busy trying to resolve the sound breaking up with AI vehicle issue atm.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

So far a few in-game vehicles squeak & rattle when driving over uneven roads, but honestly, I wouldn't mind having some more sounds to go with them

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Sounds great ! Or would sound I should say. I read the post and though of the metal stressing sounds of a sub when too deep, make a great sound when a frame is bending maybe.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice