Viruses you've had

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by SuperDuperViralThing, Dec 27, 2018.

1. SuperDuperViralThing

SuperDuperViralThing
    Expand Collapse

Hey, just thought that this would be a nice thread to discuss our traumatic virus experiences
    I'll kick it off.
    So I was casually downloading music from a website I had used before, it was for some computing homework or something and all of a sudden the website screen went black and this disturbing voice just started talking to me, saying "Your computer has a virus, ha... Ha..." Then it started maniacally laughing (Something that would appear in my nightmares weeks after the incident)
    I couldn't click off the website so I had to shut my whole pc off. I was on the edge at this point, that laugh had really disturbed me. I went on my Galaxy Tab E and apps had started uninstalling and other, unknown apps where installing. The tab E was using the same account as my presumably hacked PC. I turned my PC back in and all was fine, looks like Norton AntiVirus had done a good job
    I was on edge for the next few hours, that PC has lasted my 4 years and it cost a sizeable amount of money.
    But luckily my PC was fine, but the same could not be said for my Galaxy Tab E. It was overheating rapidly and had almost every app replaced with a virus. So yeah .

2. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Your name is too ironic for this thread

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I got some bacteria into lungs that doctors could not identify, they even send it to some other labs, but they could not tell what it was, then I got into questioning of where I would of gotten it as nobody had not seen like that before and it did not respond too well to antibiotics.

After some time at intensive care they came up with some experimental combination antibiotic which I had to sign forms for so they would not be responsible, but luckily it did work.

However it did left my brain bit broken, so I would say viruses are nothing, much worse thing is bacteria, it can turn your life to completely different direction.

Oh, you meant on computer, well not really, don't warez or use Russian sites and your computer is quite safe, especially if you don't use common browsers that leech and run everything without asking.

• Like Like x 4
  4. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

I've never had a virus on a computer, only weak, generic malware. True viruses are quite rare these days. Its the trojans you have to worry about.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

When I had an AMD card, I chose “quick update” for my drivers (which you should NEVER do, BTW) and it installed RAPTR, which is essentially a bloatware program that weasels its way into windows. It recorded every game I played, regardless wether or not I asked it to, and it had some AMD customer loyalty crap built in. It did do some great optimization work for KSP, but that’s about it. Since it was always in use for spying and collecting ad data, it was unable to be conventionally uninstalled. I had to go into safe mode and delete the registry.

I’m glad I’m without it now.

6. 2FA$T4U

2FA$T4U
    Expand Collapse

I haven’t got any viruses, but I have a friend who was downloading music awhile back. The music was pirated, and his mom lost internet for 3 months and had to pay 500$.

7. SuperDuperViralThing

SuperDuperViralThing
    Expand Collapse

I know lol

8. Jetpackturtle

Jetpackturtle
    Expand Collapse

MacOS is spyware lol
    Jk
    I actually haven't had any serious viruses since I had an old Dell Dimension. I had downloaded a (not cracked and free) game online but i must have went to the wrong download site and ended up getting a virus. Didn't last long though, I unplugged my computer and when I turned it back on I didn't have any problems.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

When I was 9 I downloaded some mods from some BeamNG mods website and my computer got a virus, in which the OS had to be reinstalled and the hard drive completely wiped.

10. Lucaas

Lucaas
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I had something similar.
    My friend disguised some bat file that loaded tons of stuff on to my pc, and that stuff loaded more stuff (and so on), as Internet Explorer. It looked like IE since it had the icon. He got rid of the old icon and replaced it with that one. When I clicked on it, my pc completely froze, and I got the blue screen of death. Booted it up, it said the OS was completely missing and instantly shut off. Had to get a completely new hard drive. RIP family memories.

11. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

If someone did that to my computer I would jump them in the night lmao

12. Lucaas

Lucaas
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Too late... (tee hee)

13. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

we all know the real spyware is google trust me
    But seriously, I have never, ever got an virus on my current laptop. And I don't install antivirus either, I just use whatever Microsoft gave me.

--- Post updated ---
    Now I just wish that is just a story that you randomly made up.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

I only had one adware which was fortunately easy to remove. Nothing else.

15. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

A Turbocharged Turbocharger
    Expand Collapse

I was downloading a Bugatti Chiron from modsbase and it told me that my hard drive was compromised and that if I closed the window I would lose every chance of saving it. It spammed me with prompts so that I couldn’t close the window, but I closed it and three months later, I still have all 188 Of my Russian super car mods. Jk. But seriously, my hard drive is fine

16. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Why the fuck would anyone download anything from those stupid dodgy Russian websites

17. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

Expand Collapse

Jeez. Calm down. I was just trying out some shitty mods to see what it was like to be a YouTuber.
    --- Post updated ---
    Sometimes I use those sites to get mods that were deleted from the forums, but rarely.
    --- Post updated ---
    I find them disgusting

18. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Getting damn near 200 sounds a bit excessive, but OK.

19. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

Expand Collapse

Huh

20. KeyRaider

KeyRaider
    Expand Collapse

I was downloading a image of a cat using a computer and spammed me with 20/21 windows and adds and it started speaking:

Cloging your computer
    Restarting

Next Time I Ran My PC my backround was changed to some text saying: Everything is fine
    It Turns out that was a joke virus
    --- Post updated ---
    I had a problem with Forza Horizon 4 And When I Ran It And I Started Drifitng My Computer Gave Me A Blue Screen of Death (I payed Microsoft a lot of money)
    --- Post updated ---

well windows xp/vista/7/8/10 did not save the virus
    --- Post updated ---
    http://malware.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Trojan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice