Visual Damage Only?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Chris1992, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Chris1992

Chris1992
    Expand Collapse

Hi Guys,

I did a search but couldn't find anything about this. I'd love a mod that basically restricts damage to visual only.

I love thrashing cars about until they literally fall apart, but it's annoying when after a few bumps the driveshaft or radiator breaks.

I know there are already mods to make individual parts indestructible, like engine block, radiator, driveshaft, etc, but you can only do one part per car (for example, you have to choose if you want the engine or driveshaft indestructible, you can't have both). It would be great to have one which affects the whole drivetrain at once. A bit like how cars were back on Rigs of Rods; you could literally crush a car into a cube and it would still work lol.

I know this isn't realistic at all, but just for fun.

Thanks
    Chris

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

You could use my first mod to replace all of the powertrain parts with identical ones but invisible and unbreakable (nitrous slot, engine swap option with transmission swap and everything below, but you need to remove all of the original powertrain first).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chris1992

Chris1992
    Expand Collapse

just to clarify, is this something I can do in game, or do I need to do anything within the game files? I can't figure it out.

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

In game, read the mod's description for a tutorial (look for the part with powertrain)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice