WIP Beta released VY Time Trials

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by VY Canis Melodis, Aug 25, 2022.

1. VY Canis Melodis

VY Canis Melodis
    Expand Collapse

Making a thread to keep progress going on my time trials. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing with regards to forums, but this is the one I'm doing:

https://www.beamng.com/resources/garfield-heights-time-trial-set.23288/

I think I've figured out how to make these time trials have objects and barriers and such. Problem before was I didn't know how to find the asset browser so couldn't save a prefab with them. Hopefully I should be able to do that now! :)

Once I've finished the ones for Garfield Heights with objects, I'll move on to other maps. I'd like to focus on ones that don't already have them, but may do some for vanilla maps or others if I find some inspiration.

• Like Like x 1
  2. VY Canis Melodis

VY Canis Melodis
    Expand Collapse

Okay! i managed to used the asset browser to create a prefab (though only with the orange fences since I couldn't find concrete barriers), but I may need a little help. I used the Race Creator window to make it, which has a tool to say that it'll use a prefab. I saved the prefab I made into the same folder as my quickraces are in, since I can't save it in the garfield heights mod of course. So that's in vyquickracegh.zip/levels/garfieldHeights/quickrace/GHWhite.prefab which is also where the .race.json and the .jpg are. Using the Race Creator it displays a tick on the prefab to show it's found it but when I load the actual time trial none of those objects appear to load.

Basically, adding a prefab to my race creator made time trial appears to do nothing. How, instead, should I do this? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  3. el_ferrito

el_ferrito
    Expand Collapse

Can't remember exactly, but I have achieved this. Does the prefab need to have the same name as the race?

Also, don't worry about using the same level folder name, it will just create another one in your user directory and use that. It'll still run fine. I.e. levels/garfieldheights/quickrace or whatever.

4. VY Canis Melodis

VY Canis Melodis
    Expand Collapse

It's time for the second batch of trials!

This time, there's thirteen of them!

https://www.beamng.com/resources/beam-mountains-time-trial-pack.24031/

Also, as a side note, the reason I couldn't find any concrete barriers or anything in the Asset Browser was simply because Garfield Heights didn't have any as part of its assets, and they are not in the shared set.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice