WIP Walking Dummy

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by AshtheticPFX, Nov 21, 2017.

?

Is it possible?

1. Yes

58 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. AshtheticPFX

AshtheticPFX
    Expand Collapse

This is an idea that 2 of us had to make the crash test dummy able to move, and we need a group of people. If anyone wants to be part of this development, come join us! More info on the mod soon :) https://discord.gg/uafMPV5

• Like Like x 1
  2. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Good luck with this, I think you're going to have a hard time keeping the dummy stable without falling over. You could probably look at the sport bike mod to see how he dealt with it falling over, but I don't know how much of that you could apply to making a walking dummy.

3. Calarist

Calarist
    Expand Collapse

I could try to help, I have very few skills, but I could try.

4. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Basically, the route you will have to take (if you go the direction of making the dummy out of a node beam structure) is that it will have to balance itself kinda like how a bipedal robot balances itself. The code used in the sportbike mod to balance itself might come in handy for something like this.

Edit: Well opkraut already suggested that, so there you go...

5. AshtheticPFX

AshtheticPFX
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    Join the discord server in the original post to help us

6. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

That reminds me of Bernd's Klann Linkage walking machine. That could also be useful for making a walking dummy seeing as the Llann linkage was all physics based.

7. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Hmm... Perhaps a couple of opposed gyros in his gut would keep him upright then? Wouldn't be realistic... unless one of you guys on here has a strange appetite... but it would make the balancing issue much easier.

8. AshtheticPFX

AshtheticPFX
    Expand Collapse

Hmm... One of our ideas is add small wheels to the feet, almost to make skates for it so that it doesn't exactly need to have more animations to mess with the physics, but just roll around. Or maybe even a hoverboard (yes them popular things from years ago) Take the skiman for example, that uses ragdoll, but moves

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice