1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Wanna try a more Arcade-Style Driving System in BeamNG?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Plateau, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Plateau

Plateau
    Expand Collapse

I've been playing with the gravity settings, and, well, one thing that I noticed makes cars stop, accelerate, and turn just like an arcade game(e.g Burnout) is setting the gravity to this: neat option.PNG
    For some reason (Assuming the fact that due to a higher gravitational push, causing the car to be pushed closer to the ground, allowing better traction but more stress on steering and suspension) this option makes cars grippy and interesting, and, it's probably a neat little option for keyboard users. One thing I did find however, is that doing stunt jumps, or anything involving stunts, is damn near impossible. It also works pretty terribly with the Gavril Grand Marshal for whatever reason. But yea, no reason not to try it so give it a shot, it's kinda fun to zip around the industrial site with this setting.
    EDIT: The Bruckell Moonhawk is pretty bad on this setting aswell, sadly. :C

2. Zipppy

Zipppy
    Expand Collapse

Short answer:

L-U-X-O-B-A-R-G-E.

I'd be interested in trying this out myself, as long as I stay out of the air.

3. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

more gravity = more grip. and less air when doing stunts. I have been messing around with the gravity, and I find that around 19 - 21% the car still accels pretty quickly while not being stuck to the ground. the GM and MH are much better with this setting as well, the 27% you try is a little too much.

4. Morshu9001

Morshu9001
    Expand Collapse

maximum force of static friction = magnitude of normal force * static friction coefficient
    magnitude of normal force = magnitude of acceleration of gravity * mass
    It makes sense.

5. Plateau

Plateau
    Expand Collapse

Yup, I tried this and I see what you mean. I was simply toying around with gravity when I found this, and didn't bother really looking into it much more. I'm really liking the gravity slider though, brings some neat possibilities.

6. Ferrari

Ferrari
    Expand Collapse

What I've done to get the most out of any car is to start out with high gravity (i.e. Jupiter), once acceleration starts slowing down lower the gravity. Stop at ~3.5 otherwise you'll lose it and do about 20 flips, lol.

7. MRroboto123

MRroboto123
    Expand Collapse

My solution? Crank up the friction on all tires, then turn down the gravity. In theory this will result in GTA-like steering. Your car has good traction, but can still fly plenty :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice