Warble's Tercel sr5 thread, got another one for free

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Warble, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Warble

Warble
    Expand Collapse

my favorite cars in the world are these ugly slow POS' they have a load of character and are super easy to work on, whats not to like
    This is the thread where I will post updates about my tercels, we'll just call it a tale of two Tercel's

my other Tercel, "bad news brown" my free tercel project build

#1 Warble, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

I see the title, I think 'this dude won the lottery and bought a WRX STI, or some mustang or corvette or some American muscle shit' the first thing I see is the picture of what resembles my grandmothers daily, I think 'nah, that honestly can't be it' I then begin to read the post, as I read, I realize this must be very important to him, it must have something important with his childhood, like my dads old 244 Volvo, and it being the most useful tool in his garage, and spending long portions of trips looking out of its window, then, as I read the last sentences, I lose all faith in my ability to read

'This is the first time I've ever seen one in my life, there where times where I'd thought I'd never own one, but here it is, BITCH I've got to figure out how to make some fake meth'

I have no idea wether you realize what you hunted for your whole life, but, it's your life, I can't tell you what to do and what not to do

Except with fake meth, trust me, don't make fake meth, no happy ending

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Looks lovely. It's got a decent set of miles for an 80's car. Only around 102,000? Whoever owned it last must've not driven it frequently, or very far.

How are these cars on fuel economy?

Indeed.

4. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

9nohQh4.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

We b tercel boizzzzzz
    tercel3.jpg tercel2.jpg tercel1.jpg tercel4.jpg
    Picked this baby up the other day for free:cool:
    The only catch being that the clutch works about as well as a meth dealer high on his own shit :D

6. Warble

Warble
    Expand Collapse

yeah I guess no fake meth, I didn't buy this car for a jesse pinkman cosplay but its something I could do
    ive only driven it 150 miles back from Detroit so I don't have personal numbers for mpg but ive heard VERY good things, its only a 1.5 Sohc so ive heard anywhere from 30 to 40 highway

yeah, my taste in cars in definetly not normal at all, I cant think of any car I wanted more than this one, not because of my childhood, like I said id never seen one before today unless I did when I was very young and didn't realize it. my love for them began when I drove my Celica GT, I learned first about the All-trac, from googling what a Celica all-trac was I saw a Camry all-trac, when I searched for that I saw on the google images page this dinky wagon and it read Tercel All-trac (which is a mis-nomer) I looked up what it was and the rest is history, I also watched Breaking bad a few years after it came out, but I knew about the car before then. something about its whole image gets me good, something about having a car no one else has is cool too, you get a lot more looks in a car like this than in some corvette or Camaro

the only downside is 70 factory horsepower, but that's why I have a race car project lol
    wow, nice, I had to pay for mine, 2250$ :c im going to be working on mine, ill keep in touch with you then

7. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

8. Warble

Warble
    Expand Collapse

today I cleaned the entire interior, it was a total disaster when I got it, ugly stained floor mats, dust, dirt, general slobbishness. in the process I found about a dollar in change, and about ten dollars worth of weed

there was broken glass under the rear seat as well, the car probably got broken into at one point, it took me a long time to get some of the stains out of the carpet using a cleaner soloution, but it came out great
    Today I also painted the grey side molding's black again, what a difference, and I took some rubbing compound to the rust streaks by the back windows

lastly I cleaned out the entire engine bay with purple power degreaser, im probably going to actually take off the air cleaner housing and repaint that as well with a red circle in the middle to match the car

a good, but long day, more to do tommorow

9. Warble

Warble
    Expand Collapse

I now have two of these beauties so im adjusting the title to fit both cars, basically my love of Tercel wagons afforded me another one, it was offered to me for free on a Tercel enthusiast's website by a fellow fan in traverse city who didnt have the time or space to undertake a head gasket repair on it, this one is a 1987 Tercel sr5 4WD with the same 6 speed manual transmission as my 1984 but with an engine swap from a 1990 Geo prizm that adds about 30 hp. its the only Tercel in the world that i know of that this engine swap has been done to so its very special, a lot of fabrication and modification went into making it work, so im going to try my hardest to get it running again. I've put in almost 5 hours since last sunday to pull the cylinder head off, and yes, the gasket is toast. sent the head off to a shop to get shaved and its back already, just waiting on a head gasket set from napa for the rebuild to start

also, the red car is doing just fine, ive put a new radiator and fuel pump in it but that's all, ill probably stop driving it for the winter here's me and my friends fucking around sticking a cold air outtake on it, got the license plate "pinkman" for the breaking bad memes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice