Warning Nvidia owners

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Davidbc, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

There seems to be a problem with the 320.18 WHQL driver that will cause artifacts in almost every game and is likely to kill your GPU, so be careful and uninstall it ASAP if you have this version.

2. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

i do have that version but have had no problem with my 8400 gs which i suspect has been using the same driver for a long time and only other cards get updates. what cards are affected specifically?

edit: it'd be cool if you would link an article/source for me :)

#2 moosedks, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  3. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

well shit..... that's a pretty big fuck up on nvidia

- - - Updated - - -

so should i install 320.49 or go back to 314 or whatever it was?

4. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Ye, it's highly recommended to downgrade to the previous version until they figure out what's happening.

5. Superman

Superman
    Expand Collapse

I think it only effects people with Fermi cards, such as me. That's the high end 4xx series and 5xx series. I had issues with Just Cause 2 causing the card to throttle itself and so was my friend with Skyrim. I've removed my OC and am going to get the latest 320.49 now. If you update drivers, remember to remove them properly first with sweeper program in safe mode.

6. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

People are having problems with the 4xx - 7xx series, no matter what model.

7. JAM3SwGAM3S

JAM3SwGAM3S
    Expand Collapse

Isn't it only if you over clock it? plus you wont need to downgrade because i believe there is an update 320.49

8. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Doesn't matter if you overclock or not, it affects everyone, so downgrade or update if there is a newer version.

9. davikasy

davikasy
    Expand Collapse

im using 314. driver nvidia and no problems my card is (nvidia) asus 640gt 2gb ddr2 thanks for the info im no update the drivers....on this moment. jeje

im waiting to test Beamng... with this card. xD

10. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Major F__k up by your favorite, Nvidia. No wonder I like Radeon cards....
    But anyway, I feel sorry for the people who buy a $1000 graphics card and it gets killed by a driver.

11. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

I'm still on 311.06. No need for me to update ever, really.

12. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the heads-up, but I've had artifacting issues with my GPU since 260.99, and this is the first driver to actually make it better since then. In conjunction with using RivaTuner to create slightly more aggressive fan profiles than the godawful stock "I'm locked at 40% no matter how hot I get!", I've never had better overall performance. As someone suggested it seems to only affect newer cards (4xx and up), as I'm running a GTX 260 Black.

13. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

NVidia has versions? I honestly only use the default NVidia that came with my laptop.

14. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

hmm.
    I think I have seen a slight improvement on GTA:IV with my GT 540M card on my laptop.
    However, this might explain the immediate-shutdown/crash I get sometimes when the laptop gets hot due to playing (never happened before).

One thing I know for sure (now that I read about this) is, that I cannot run BF3 on windowed mode anymore, it gives a DX error. Might most probably be because of this.
    Oh well, time to upgrade to the 320.49 & hopefully that has resolved these issues.

15. FreshTutz

FreshTutz
    Expand Collapse

i am still at 307.83 if i upgrade into 311.06 should it fix 15fps on gta 4?

16. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Nah, that's your computer being slow.

17. chriz fr33r

chriz fr33r
    Expand Collapse

I'm on 326.41 beta driver. should i be ok ?

18. thepeca

thepeca
    Expand Collapse

Use the 320.49 WHQL for GT6xxM series GeForces. Its working good, and also solves the conflict with the integrated (HD 3000, HD4000) cards on laptops.

NOTE:

In BeamNG your dedicated GPU will most likely not be selectable (for nVidia GPUs in laptops). With this driver it will still show that the selected gpu is the integrated INTEL HD, but it WILL USE the dedicated nVidia card instead.

19. IamDolor

IamDolor
    Expand Collapse

Does GT6xxM include the GTX660M (or any other GTX6xxM cards if they exist)?
    Last time I downgraded graphic card drivers it took me quite long to properly (de)install everything, so I don't want to go through all of that again if it isn't necessary.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice