Released WCUSA - Spearleaf Island Time Trial Pack (15 Layouts - Works in Career Mode)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by 23Terrabytes, Sep 23, 2023.

1. 23Terrabytes

23Terrabytes
    Expand Collapse

Scenario Start Trigger Location:
    start.jpg

There are 15 total layouts, each time trial has barricades guiding your path and blocking any turns that would take you off course. The Aurata is the default vehicle for each time trial. Each time trial allows you to use your own vehicle, select the amount of laps, choose to try it in reverse, and choose to enable traffic. All GOLD lap times are based on my best time after an average of 3-5 attempts on each course. Silver times are +10 seconds and Bronze is +35 (from gold time)

Every TimeTrial is available in the WIP Career mode. You gain rewards and need to complete certain TimeTrials to unlock others. Also included is a bonus delivery mission.
    • Complete main Time Trial to unlock Alt layouts
    • Complete TT01 & TT02 to unlock TT03
    • Complete TT03 to unlock TT04 & TT05

Feel free to comment your thoughts on any part of the time trials, especially any of the lap time goals and career rewards. If any major issues are found I will update with a fix ASAP, so please report issues\bugs on the here first instead of on a review (thanks)

Layouts:
    01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg 09.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13_1.jpg 14_1.jpg 15.jpg Screenshot2023-09-25155134.jpg

(Repository Link)

#1 23Terrabytes, Sep 23, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  2. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

I just tested it with both the UTV and my (street legal) racing Wigeon. Best time was 2:16 with the Wigeon and I would be optimistic that with practise, I can further reduce that time.

Barricades are fine, have found no issue with them.

The UTV is relative forgiving but also a bit bouncy which is a mixed blessing. On the one hand, unlike a lot of other vehicles, hitting a curb at an bad angle at speed does not end the race for the Aurata. On the other hand it tends to bounce arround which while not necessarly ending the race will incur a significant time penality until you have regained control.

Recovery and flipping should be allowed... it cant hurt.

Looking forward to the other tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 23Terrabytes

23Terrabytes
    Expand Collapse

Current Layouts:
    Awesome, thanks for the feedback. 2:10 was set as a temporary barely achievable goal. But I also want it to actually be possibly, so I will probably increase it a bit to something like 2:12 to 2:13. My test laps were also around 2:16, but also know I could probably do better so ~2:13 should be about right.

Also with all the curbs on this island, you're right the UTV does handle those pretty well. So I will probably leave that as the default for now, since 0.30 gave us the new island AND the UTV - I like keeping things relevant to each other.

If the barricades are good enough, as in you don't take wrong turns or crash into them, then I will stick to the same method for the other tracks. After placing the barricades for one track I was done working on it for the day. But that went pretty quickly, so I assume I can finished the other tracks in a day or two. I would expect an update posted later today, Then after several tracks are in the BETA download, if no one chimes in with any issues expect a repo upload within the week.

4. 23Terrabytes

23Terrabytes
    Expand Collapse

VERSION 1.0 is Released!

Version 1.0 is currently available for download in the first post! It is also awaiting approval in the REPO!** There are 15 total layouts, Each time trial has barricades guiding your path and blocking any turns that would take you off course. As mentioned above, All GOLD lap times are achievable and are my based on my best time after an average of 3-5 attempts on each course. Although, please feel free to comment on this thread about any thoughts you have on the lap time goals or any issues you find with any of the scenarios. ENJOY!!

**Download in the first post is IDENTICAL to the REPO upload, which will be available soon. So please REMOVE the ZIP file from your MODS folder if you decide to download through the REPO

• Like Like x 2
  5. 23Terrabytes

23Terrabytes
    Expand Collapse

Version 2.0 is in the works. This will ONLY be uploaded to the REPO and will be submitted AFTER version 1.0 is approved (which is still pending).

v2.0 features list:
    • Will be renamed Scenario Pack (instead of Time Trial Pack)
    • Will allow enabling traffic for every scenario (disabled by default)
    • Will add AI races for every track layout (50% done at time of posting)
    • May include a couple bonus non timetrial\race scenarios

~!~EDIT~!~

I may pick this up in the future, but for now its scrapped. I would much rather spend my time on my current map and WIP maps.

A couple track layouts worked with AI, but even after adjusting the race files to cater to the AI pathing, it doesn't work very well. On most tracks the AI just wants to stop or do a U-turn no matter how close I put each waypoint. Even if I make the waypoints stick to one lane of traffic the AI wants go off course or just strait up stops for no reason. There are ways to make custom scripts and pathing, but I have too many other mod projects going on to spend all the extra time it would take to make it work.

I will probably still upload an update with a couple races, but this whole side project was meant to be quick break from my map projects, not a whole new larger project. So for now AI races are scrapped.

#5 23Terrabytes, Sep 24, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  6. 23Terrabytes

23Terrabytes
    Expand Collapse

AI races (mentioned in post above) are still scrapped, but v1.1 will be uploaded soon. It will include fixing\adding recovery points for all time trials and all times trials will now work in career mode with rewards!!

A bonus scenario will also be included (also in career mode) In this teaser picture you can see that you will need to trailer 3 rental Auratas for everyone to use for the Spearleaf Island Time Trials.
    Screenshot2023-09-25155134.jpg

#6 23Terrabytes, Sep 25, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice