1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

WCUSA TSStatic 6002

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Brother_Dave, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Annoying bringing up WCUSA and fps, i know, but been playing around in WCUSA to try and find what eats up my fps. Found a few things worth mentioning:

#1. TSStatic id 6002, big building block, seems to have something to do with it. Before hiding it i had a massive drop near it even though it wasnt in view. Doesnt now that its hidden of course but no other TSStatic brings down my fps like it does.

#2. Theres a few TSStatic that is hidden in the level hierarchy but still visible ingame. Unhiding them does nothing, hiding them again.. hides them. Just comes out as odd that theyre 'hidden' in the hierarchy to me.

#3. Meshculling boxes isnt ticked for any TSStatic, but acc. to the Editor info it should be ticked on TSStatics containing many submeshes, as i assume many in BNG does? Is meshculling obsolete/ handled in another way?

#4. prebuildcollision box is not ticked for TSStatics, obsolete?

Trying to help in a novice way so please bear with me :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It's normal.
    The 'city' is a single object for performance reasons. The other settings are as they should be for best performance.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Ok, thank you. Checked the city object in object editor and if i understood right the colmesh for it has more polys than the visible mesh, but might have misunderstood it.
    Found that on another map with alot of fences with 2D nets for fences and balconys, and trees with 2D branches (using textures with transparency) that removing those upped my fps alot, but could be my computer and gpu that is effected by that. Tried this since i get lower fps on WCUSA down by the parking garage with the illuminated lights.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It's the opposite, the colmesh has lower (or same) amount of polies. The reason of the collision mesh is that it's invisible, and used for collisions only. It can be simpler than the visual mesh, which is good for the collision system.

On the general line, WCU is the most complex map we have. Expect lower FPS than other levels. Decent hardware is needed 60fps at high settings.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice