1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

We need some posting rules

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Username, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Username

Username
    Expand Collapse

Ever since the forum opened up, I've been noticing that there are a lot of low quality posts that defy common sense. They always bump, use terrible grammar, beg, etc. There's the posting guidelines, but let's be honest - no one reads them. I think there should be some sort of FAQ about what and what not to post for the newer members.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I can spend time making some clear list of DO and DON'T but as you said, if people don't read rules, I doubt they will read another list with them.

Golden rule is:
    Use common sense when posting and don't be silly.

3. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

this is less of a forum issue and more of an issue with the world in general

"Ever since the world opened up, I've been noticing that there is a lot of low quality speech that defies common sense. These people always interrupt, use terrible grammar, beg, etc. There's social guidelines, but let's be honest - no one seems to abide by the them. I think there should be some sort of FAQ about what and what not to say for the newer humans"

4. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Well as the game gets more and more popular you are going to get these kinds of people, the worst thing we could do is scare them away.

5. axistookmyname

axistookmyname
    Expand Collapse

Great idea :D /s

And then they could just tell the others that this forum is not good, that the community just bashes everyone etc. etc.

It would be hard to actually change "those kind of people", since they just got used to that kind of posting, OR don't know how to behave on forums. You won't change that, unless you'd have really really hard moderators. Or pop ups with guidelines, but those would be too absurd to function here

6. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

Found a small "bug" Lol.PNG

OT: It can not be the solution running afterwards those people who bumb threads post stupid stuff. You cannot just say: here make a small test so we can trust you or not. It would be kinda cool leading the new people to another site where all the rules are to find on. Then like 5 minutes later they get an e-mail with a code so they can noramly login all the time. Or something like a testing time (do you say that like I did??)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice