Solved Weird forest object issues

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Average Person, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

So as I have slowly been resolving issues with my models I have hit a road block, im trying to use the forest editor to add lots of my custom trees to the map but when I put them in there rotated wrong

I tried rotating the model in the shape editor but it does nothing, there is not option to change the rotation of forest objects which is kind of annoying and would be a nice feature, anyways this isn't a suggestion thread but to prove that the forest object itself isn't rotated

the lod is rotated properly so you would think you could just rotate the the high detail model to fix this issue but as i've stated earlier that does nothing.

Attached Files:

• 20170714231801_1.jpg
    • 20170714231808_1.jpg
  2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Looks like the origin coordinates are whacked out? What program are you using to make these?

3. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

blender

4. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

I have a bit more info that might help, when I open it in the shape editor it looks like this

If I where to update it by rotating the base node it looks like this

If I save it the collision is still off which is really confusing as it makes no sense why the shape editor would show the collision *pink wireframe* on top of the model and have it not actually be there, I seem to be having an issue where changes are not really saving and I have had issues like this for as long as I have used the shape editor.

Attached Files:

• 20170715165643_1.jpg
    • 20170715165657_1.jpg
  5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I know nothing of Blender unfortunately but my guess is something amiss with the Blender export. Haven't heard of anything
    like this happening on a wide scale. If the editor was in question there would certainly be an uproar about it.

Perhaps one of the resident Blender guru's around here could chime in. Nice looking tree by the way:cool:.

6. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

thanks for the info, I had a issue with my main map models collision being rotated wrong but I was able to fix it in the shape editor but I can't seem to do that with this model though the main model was not a forest object.

7. thomatoes50

thomatoes50
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Ctrl + A --> Rotation ?

8. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

The issue is not that its rotated wrong in blender, it's only when I export that things go weird, everything looks fine in blender but rotation and seems to get messed up when I export.

9. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

What he meant is that the rotation is not set to 0,0,0 in Blender. In Maya e.g. it's called 'Freeze Transformation' so the values for position and rotation are set to 0,0,0 and the values for scale are set to 1,1,1. If the rotation is not set to 0,0,0 the engine will rotate it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

Ok I will see if this solves my issue.

11. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

yep solved my issue.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice