1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Weird Steering Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by The Green Hell, Feb 14, 2017.

1. The Green Hell

The Green Hell
    Expand Collapse

I am having a bit of a problem with controlling the vehicles. There is about a second between me hitting the key, and the car shifting gear, braking, etc. The steering itself is normal, however.

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

When playing, if you hit CTRL+F, small box should appear to top left corner showing FPS, what kind of numbers there are in the box?

What kind of computer you have, what is make and model of CPU (processor) and GPU (graphics card)?

3. The Green Hell

The Green Hell
    Expand Collapse

The FPS is approximately 19 on gridmap. My computer is a Dell Inspiron, and has an i7 processor, and is using the intel graphics card.

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I did manage to get 40-60fps most of the time with i3-6100 and intel graphics, but that was with lowest setting all shadows disabled.

When you have that low fps, steering will happen with a delay.

Make sure to choose lowest graphics settings and that your power profile is maximum performance when playing BeamNG, that might make it playable, but I'm afraid your computer might not be enough powerful. I guess it is a laptop?

5. The Green Hell

The Green Hell
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it is, I guess the only thing for it is better components.

6. The Green Hell

The Green Hell
    Expand Collapse

I put all the graphics setting on lowest, and it didn't help... :(

7. WackyFolf

WackyFolf
    Expand Collapse

My computer with an i7 and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 decided that the PSU should blow up the next time I boot. I then went on a trip and totally forgot to order a new one after testing to see if my computer was dead. Only the PSU was, but I forgot to order one. I was playing on a laptop with an Intel M3. It. Was. Awful. Street Legal Racing Redline worked, however. ANYWAY, I didn't have that problem on my laptop. Did you try reinstalling Beamng?

8. Yottabyte1024

Yottabyte1024
    Expand Collapse

Can we see a picture of your graphics settings? Sorry, I'm more of a visual person. :p

9. The Green Hell

The Green Hell
    Expand Collapse

I don't think this is the problem... It happens in Kerbal Space Program too.
    --- Post updated ---
    I set it back to how I normally play, here you go:

BeamNGsettingsCapture.png

10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if there is other GPU than Intel on that laptop, in case there is, then this should help to enable it:
    Dedicated_Graphics

If not, then I doubt much can be done, it might be that laptop is not enough powerful even it has i7 CPU.

11. The Green Hell

The Green Hell
    Expand Collapse

I have tried this, but I've got Intel graphics.

12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

If your laptop does not have an actual dedicated graphics, then you are using a laptop below system requirements.
    Either put every graphical option to the minimum possible, or get an actual device that meets the minimum requirements.

13. The Green Hell

The Green Hell
    Expand Collapse

Are you sure that it is a graphical problem?

14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

When your framerate is so low (17 FPS as you mentioned), it is very likely that game as whole is slowing down which probably is reason for slow performance.

You might need faster computer to get rid of the issue.

15. The Green Hell

The Green Hell
    Expand Collapse

No, it's not just performance, it is a delay between me punching the key and the game responding.

16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Well, it goes like this, when system is under so heavy load, there will be queues, when you hit key it gets queued and when comes keys turn to get registered it will, but not sooner.

Also make sure you have filtering set to direct, go to controls, then find steering, click assigned steering key and you should see new panel where is filtering, it probably is set to auto, direct makes things happen right away, but it might make steering just worse.

17. The Green Hell

The Green Hell
    Expand Collapse

I do have it set to direct.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice