1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

West Coast USA - Feedback thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Oct 31, 2017.

1. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Do we take this video as confirmation that WCUSA itself is completely finished, and we're just waiting for other content and stabilization before the next update?

Also, is the cement plant named and identified with a sign saying "Whennits Ready-Mix?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I would expect that the FPS would naturally drop the more objects you have, HOWEVER, they do make heavy use of LOD's and face-culling (LOD = less detailed objects as you're further away from them), so it isn't going to slow down as bad as you think. If you have heavy amounts of detail, as you go around, it's going to be slower, but whether it's a forest infested with trees and undergrowth, or a bunch of brick boxes with moderate detailing, it doesn't make a big difference. I would suggest that if you meet the recommended specs, you could run this map decently, but if you're just meeting the minimum specs, you might have to use the detail settings you used for ECA. It's a nice map, it's a large map, it's a very detailed map, but the developers make heavy use of efficient modeling.
    So I wouldn't fret or worry. Utah runs great despite it's many high-poly rock models, even though it's a large map, it's not crazy-overly-detailed.

That being said tell your map guys they're doing a wonderful job here! Hope the pieces to the road system, sidewalks, etc, are modular so that we can use them in our mods, would be really awesome (though I'll be happy what I get regardless).

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. MrLeRien

MrLeRien
    Expand Collapse

I like this preview but, this is not like the real Beamng should be.
    Normally Beamng maps are a little bit of a country, but this map, changes the face of Beamng.
    Really i like this preview, but that map dosent like it's Beamng. It's like a other game.

4. KiloHotel

KiloHotel
    Expand Collapse

Good, the maps that have come with BeamNG have been excruciatingly boring to explore, and have been far too walled in with tree walls. Italy and WC USA are exactly the direction I think BeamNG should be taking with their maps, detailed and interesting, with lots to see and explore. (Especially important while the game still has no real gameplay or objectives)

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Jsap20

Jsap20
    Expand Collapse

My pc is a beast so I can run big maps, But I'm guessing this is where amount of Graphic memory will determine the framrate

6. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

BeamNG has had city maps before. The Bronx mod and Generic City are all good examples.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Looks pretty resource hungry....

No really, I'm worried that I won't be able play this without massive FPS drops...... ;(

8. MrLeRien

MrLeRien
    Expand Collapse

Im talking for the base maps, not the mods.

9. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

They are not modular, sadly.

10. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

I know it doesn't belong here, but what is the password for the halloween mod?

11. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Why is everyone still worried about performance? They have already officially stated that if you meet current minimum specs you'll be fine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

What password?

13. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

When unzipping the file for it, i need a password. I mean i can just click enter without one, but it does not work when i drop the files in the folder then. And installing directly doesn't work either, it starts the game but nothing shows up on any map. And i'm not a fan of installing mods, want to keep my things sorted in folders were i can see it.

#33 coolusername, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  14. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

This is INSANE, I cannot believe how detailed that map is. It's awesome work, I cannot wait to explore it. Seems like there's so many things to see.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Love the checkpoint sound with the Halloween mod

16. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Welp, wish me luck.
    upload_2017-10-31_15-45-24.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I was about to say that you don't need to unzip it. If you just put in the mods folder, the game will recognize it. That's what I did, and it worked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

I imagine myself getting bored from wcusa. but idk, we'll see when it comes out :p

19. whelan11

whelan11
    Expand Collapse

cant wait for millionaire homes

20. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

How dumb i am, thanks creepy Yugo.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice