1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

West Coast USA... (Old thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stynger, Apr 13, 2020.

1. JsZ

JsZ
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I also think they should move or make a drag strip in a different map because id like to do more drag races without the rest of the map grilling my gpu

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. SuperchargedAndSavage!

SuperchargedAndSavage!
    Expand Collapse

I know, I meant since when was there a racetrack on Port? I don't know of one.

3. Deleted member 337571

Deleted member 337571
    Expand Collapse

I agree, its very annoying to set your graphics to low and try to beat opponents with 10 FPS everytime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

When this map was on development it had one long time ago I'll get you some pics. I actually didn't knew like you until today

5. SuperchargedAndSavage!

SuperchargedAndSavage!
    Expand Collapse

oh. So it was originally on Port, and then they decided to move it to WCU?
    interESTING.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

Well yes and no they moved it to a other map idk what the name and since the track of WCUSA is too big. Why not putting it on port map so it look like like before

7. Leon_Rot

Leon_Rot
    Expand Collapse

I got with traffic before the update 40 fps on WCUSA with 5 traffic cars, now i get with traffic only 20 fps on any map with traffic

8. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

Port was a part of the Industrial Site. Pic from wiki.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry, fam, I got you. (Also, 16^2 km would be 256 km. 16 km^2 is correct.)

Presenting, thanks to @The Shotty for his picture of the original WCA map (where do you get "dark" maps, anyway? I've never been able to get them anywhere), something I've been working on for a while now.

Big WCA (WIP)
    WCABig.png

Of course, this isn't complete (I have no idea what to put in the upper left area or in the ocean), and I'm thinking I might want to re-do the diagonal streets in the lower half of Belasco, but the important thing to note is that I've made everything except the racetrack much larger. I've also added:

*An airport

*Two suburban areas (one next to the airport, the other north of the track)

*A Malibu-esque area up north

*A Crater Lake-esque area to the far east

*A giant collection of mountain roads in the middle

*An airport parking lot to drift around in

*Another canal, and some other things I might have missed

If anyone wants to chime in with their suggestions, now is the time.

• Like Like x 17
  10. NeoSlx

NeoSlx
    Expand Collapse

100% agree with the original post. I occasionally spawn in for some city scenery instead of my usual ongoings in italy/utah, and get bored after like 30 minutes, since theres just not that much to do. Its basically the area of San Francisco except without much to drive through and not much to explore. My OK pc can run it at 60 fps at max graphics with 9 other traffic vehicles running. Or, at least before the latest update. Now, theres stuttering in every map. But I think they should change it by making it massive like they did with italy. If they do make this change, they should obviously optimize. It did run piss poorly though, on my old potato pc even with the game at a small window, lowest graphics, 1 vehicle. Spawn in, and its less than 20 fps. So yeah they should optimize nonetheless.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

[Deleted]
    --- Post updated ---

Is that just a design or have you started to model some things?

I kinda want to help on that in some way.

12. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

i would love to see this come to fruition, but that city/populated area needs a tonedown.
    if it were to be that dense, there would be no way in hell any person even with a NASA PC could run it. i would suggest throwing a large city park (Central Park like) in the center

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

It's just a design. No modeling. (I barely know how to make engine/transmission mods, let alone levels on the detail of WCA).

And that map's big. Real big. Like, ~30x larger than the original WCA. (Revised map is 1600x1600, original WCA pic is ~295x295) Forget Italy, that's a Blunderton-sized map.

Although, if you want to use some of it as inspiration, go right ahead.

Yeah, I was thinking it'd need a massive revision. I was just messing around in that area, wondering what would fit.

I'm adding that in the lower area of the city.

14. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

512-5121296_cool-sunglasses-emoji-coolguy-cool-guy-sunglasses-emoji.png

15. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Is that just a design or have you started to model some things?

I kinda want to help on that in some way,

I kinda want to get some map makers together and build that. I don't know how many players would be able to actually run it, we would need to do some very clever optimization, maybe a sort of Minecraft style chunk system? IDK.

16. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

My idea of a revised WCUSA would be to put the racetrack in a seperate map like Hirochi Raceway and then put city stuff where the racetrack used to be:
    upload_2020-4-14_1-2-34.png
    Note the 2 roads circled in blue, which answers Nadeox's question of "Any better ideas on how to improve them?" referring to dead ends (Pictures below are of the concept i made for the tunnel and the concept i made for the mall (the mall was very rudimentary and just a vague concept of how i could get a car to realistically drive through a mall))
    Even as I'm writing this i've thought of a new idea or two for the south-east corner of the map

• Like Like x 9
  17. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

If y'all are making new roadmap concepts you need a Lombard style road.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

I can't run WCUSA, so I can't say anything about the reality of the map. But I can 100% agree on the optimization. My laptop has OK specs, but a crappy GPU, and is horrendously famous (literal reputation) for heating up with anything, but it runs Utah pretty smooth with 1 vehicle (2 is possible, but plummets at high speeds) and it can run Italy LITE relatively smooth in the same manner as Utah. I think there should be a WCUSA Lite, as optimization (imho) increases would likely most benefit players with higher-end PCs, and a Lite version would benefit everyone.

19. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Well you should invest in a better computer if you can. BeamNG doesn't require that much to run decent.

A lite version is actually a great idea!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

I could get a better computer, but I've only had this laptop for a little over 2.5 years, and still runs great. It's a macbook pro (obviously also runs Windows) and has some serious punch for a 2012 laptop. I would get a better computer (laptop, I need something flexible to carry with me), but this laptop was a gift and wouldn't want to replace it just yet since it's still great. Anyway, I'm saving up for a car, so it would push me a bit away from that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice