Released What a drag! 1.0.2

Powerful dragster swapped into 'everyday' scenarios. Very Difficult.

1. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

torsion submitted a new resource:

What a drag! - Powerful dragster swapped into 'everyday' scenarios.

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 2
  2. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I was pretty excited when I realized that the drag configuration had been added to the Moonhawk. After about 20 minutes of driving I started to suspect something. It seemed that with a very gentle hand the car could be coaxed to perform in non-straight-line applications.

I figured the best way to have some fun and measure performance at the same time would be to drop the car into existing scenarios. That way you've got a set of tasks and a timer running for an easy comparison with the scenario's stock vehicle. The included scenarios swap in the Bruckell Moonhawk V8 Drag vs these 3 vehicles: the compact Ibishu 200BX Type-LS, the Gavril H15 V8 4WD Off-Road fullsize van, and the Gavril D15 V8 4WD Off-Road pickup truck.

BeamNG seems to have an issue loading mods which contain only scenarios. v1.0.2 of this mod includes a workaround and is currently pending approval. In the meantime you may simply deactivate and reactivate this mod in your mods menu.

3. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I've created basic demo videos showing off these scenarios. I hope to re-master the videos so that they are all at 1440p and so that all the videos include outtakes.

v0.4.3.x made the drag Moonhawk much less strong physically as well as changing the tire model. Overall this increased/improved the challenge for the first two scenarios, but it made "Off-Road Short Course - Drag" impossible for me to complete so far. Maybe one of you guys can do it. The video below is from v0.4.2.x.

4. Loopdee43

Loopdee43
    Expand Collapse

can someone explain to me how to make a scenario?

Attached Files:

• image.png
  5. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  6. Loopdee43

Loopdee43
    Expand Collapse

7. Loopdee43

Loopdee43
    Expand Collapse

8. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Car is an "advanced topic" - very, very complex to do plus not comprehensively documented. There is certainly no walkthrough like the scenario-creation one! I'd focus on simpler things like model/texture/asset creation, level/map creation, scenario creation, etc. There is some information on the wiki pertaining to vehicles, but mostly you'll need to learn by carefully scrutinizing the stock vehicles. If you aren't up to that or can't find the stock vehicle files (jbeam, dae, etc), it's time to focus on the things I mentioned above!

Resources to use:
    • The "WIKI" link above.
    • The "Content Creation" subforum here - lots of useful and informative discussions pop up there!

9. Blackbird DK

Blackbird DK
    Expand Collapse

10. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

the offroad one made me laugh pretty hard. you wrecked it completely but you made it to the end.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice