What cartoons (1970s - present) do you dislike or flat out hate?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by 95Crash, Nov 25, 2019.

1. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Hello people, I figured I would present you with a new thread about which cartoons you dislike or flat out hate from the 70s and after.

Disclaimer: I have not watched that many cartoons at least not recently. I did watch some cartoons recently, but not a lot. I also have heard cartoon reviewers like Phantomstrider talk bad about certain cartoons that I have not watched yet. I would like to hear about which cartoons you dislike or just flat out hate (1970s - present).

The reason for the (1970s - present) part is because I got a feeling people had limited budgets for cartoons before the 70s and possibly the 70s and after and it may be a bit complicated critiquing cartoons made before the 70s, though I don't know for sure about that. I am also not a professional cartoon critic like Mr Enter is. I feel like Mr Enter is much better at talking about cartoons then I am. I want to hear about cartoons from the 70s and after Beamng.com users dislike or flat out hate.

There are cartoons that I do dislike such as this new FOX show called Bless the Harts. The reason that I dislike Bless the Harts is because I got little entertainment out of the series, plus the characters including Violet and Betty are unlikable and the animation is clunky and awkward.

You can totally rant about animated kid shows, animated preschool shows, and other cartoons on here all you want as long as you are not being gross, racist, creepy, going off topic, or bulling people. I will not judge you for talking about a preschool show on here at all. Staff members can also talk about cartoons they dislike on this thread as well.

By the way, You can talk about animated movies as well.

Thanks for reading this thread.

#1 95Crash, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  2. Camera2004

Camera2004
    Expand Collapse

I don't like cartoon network, many of their shows are very annoying.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

I don't think I was that big of a fan of Cartoon Network either. I watched some shows from them, and I guess they were okay. I haven't watched Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends in a long time, but I did see clips of the show related to cartoon reviews and thinking about it, the animation looks pretty lazy and very cheaply made in my opinion.

I think the only character I actually liked quite a bit in the show was Bloo. I know that there are cartoon reviewers who hate this character, but I never had problems with him.

I will now talk about a Nickelodeon show that I dislike.

I haven't watched that much of The Loud House, but from I've seen, I think the show sucks. I feel like Lincoln's sisters are unlikable and are way too mean to him. I also think the animation is really bad as well. I know there are a lot cartoon reviewers that like this show, but I can't for the life of me understand why to be honest.

By the way, I would like to know what Cartoon Network shows you find very annoying, but you don't have to name them if you don't want to.

4. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

The Powerpuff Girls Remake. My lord.

It is so fucking annoying how much the trio try to be "hip" and "modern" when they are more cringey than anything. Not even the original creator worked on this, so that's a even worse red flag that this "remake" is no more as icing of nostalgia on a dumpster fire.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Not to mention that the panda character is annoying and that there was a scene of Bubbles twerking.

By the way, I don't mind if users on here bump this thread as long as they are contributing to the topic.

6. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

The villians are a complete joke too. They're as competent as a beater washing machine, or simply don't do jack shit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

I haven't watched much of the Powerpuff Girls reboot, but I have seen enough of it to know that the panda character is annoying and unlikable.

Honestly, I would much rather watch Bordertown which is an animated series made by FOX. If you haven't heard of Bordertown, look up "Bordertown cartoon" on whatever search engine you have because there is also another show called Bordertown which is Finnish which I haven't watched yet at all.

8. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

As for another one I have a severe grudge against...

This is technically a movie, but is a cartoon so I'm counting it: The Secret Life of Pets. It is so boring, it is so generic, it is way too much like Toy Story, the characters are as bad as moldy bread, the writing is the bare minimum, and is easily forgettable. It's also an Illumination film, which is guaranteed to be gimmicky as possible.

9. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

By the way, I've heard people talk bad about Illumination before. I also remember watching Sing once and I didn't care for it. Also, I think I watched part of Frozen which is a Disney movie. I don't even remember finishing the movie let alone liking it and watching it again.

Also, what are your thoughts on Teen Titans Go!, Breadwinners, Mega Babies, King Of The Hill, Bob's Burger's, Bordertown, Beavis and Butthead, and Bless the Harts?

10. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

For the ones I do know (brief summaries of my thoughts):

TTG: It's childish, and uninteresting. I don't really care for it.
    BW: Annoying and unfunny. End of story.
    KOTH: It's a fine show, but not that interesting.
    BaB: Out of the 4, it's the best one. Is super funny and creative.

11. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Fair enough.

Mega Babies has a bad reputation in the cartoon community and I can totally see why. I saw like one episode and I didn't like it.

Bob Burger's seems like it has a good reputation in the cartoon community, but I do not like it at all.

Bordertown is a somewhat obscure FOX show from 2016 that is about two families that live next to each other. One family is white and the other one is Mexican. I actually like the show, but I can totally understand why other people dislike it. It only has 13 episodes and it got cancelled.

Bless the Harts is a new FOX show that premiered on Sep 29, 2019. It's about a family that lives in North Carolina. I don't like it all. The animation is clunky and awkward and the characters aren't very likable at all.

If you have time, see if you can watch an episode or two of these 4 shows I mentioned. If you can't or don't want to, that's totally fine.

12. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Bob's Burgers is the only one that sounds a bit interesting out of the rest imo. Not saying that Bordertown isn't either, but at the same time the premise isn't something I would really want to watch.

13. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

I don't blame you for not wanting to watch Bordertown. It has politics in it and the main character Bud Buckwald talks bad about mexicans. I like the show, but I can totally see why other people don't.

Do you have any more crappy cartoons from 1970 to now you wanna talk about?

14. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I have another one.

"Ink Lemonade" from Spongebob's Season 11. This is the peak of gross-out humor exploitation, and it's exploited so much that it isn't even funny. Cosmodore did a video on it, and he gives a lot of good points on why that specific episode is the worst the show has done in a long time.

15. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

I don't even think I made it Season 11 of Spongebob. Have you heard of the episode "Krusty Katering"? I think it came out before "Ink Lemonade" did and I hated that episode so much mainly because of a whiny snotty kid in the episode. I haven't seen Spongebob in a while. I got a feeling that I actually stopped watching the series soon after that episode. I don't remember liking "One Coarse Meal" or "A Pal For Gary" all that much either, but I believe that they were much less abysmal then "Krusty Katering" was.

I haven't seen "Ink Lemonade" yet, but from I've heard of it. I would probably hate it less then "Krusty Katering". I probably would not a big fan of it either though. I don't even think I like Spongebob in general anymore. I moved on to other shows, music, and the internet from Spongebob. Also, I think Spongebob is kinda annoying.

By the way, do you have any awful Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Disney Channel or FOX animated shows you want to rant about?

16. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

The new Ben 10 cartoon. I have similar issues with this show as the PPG remake, as it downgrades the characters to "generic male character #1" and loses a lot of charm that the original had. Also, it's not as action-pumped or fun either, so it fails to capture what made Ben 10 a cult classic.

17. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

i like spongebob

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

That is totally okay. I respect the fact that you like Spongebob. I personally don't like it anymore and I have grown out of it.
    --- Post updated ---
    By the way Mullethead, are there any animated FOX shows you hate that you want to rant on?

19. Camera2004

Camera2004
    Expand Collapse

Did you watch the sequel? The plot was so darn confusing!

20. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Only parts of it. But I can tell it's even worse than the 1st one, just by cluttering the movie with more unnecessary parts and characters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice