1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

What causes 'cannot map unnamed material' error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by bob.blunderton, Dec 21, 2018.

1. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

...when all materials are named.

Try as I might, I cannot figure out why my mods (yes, mods) TAIL OF THE DRAGON / DEAL'S GAP and Nevada Interstate have broken with the same error.
    These can be downloaded by clicking my name and seeing what mods I've released.

Roane County TN and Los Injurus City map (preview, closed beta) work fine though (with much improved performance).

40.99632|D|GELua.core_gamestate.gamestate|ui told us loading screen is now loaded
    41.00322|D|GELua.core_camera.|Camera switched to "orbit"
    42.19813|D|GELua.gamestate|Checking material finished loading
    42.19815|D|GELua.core_gamestate.gamestate|exiting : worldReadyState
    42.19816|D|GELua.core_gamestate.gamestate|show main menu (false)
    42.19819|D|GELua.core_gamestate.gamestate|exiting loading screen to menu
    43.50593|D|Material::_mapMaterial|[Material::mapMaterial] - Cannot map unnamed Material - core/scripts/client/postFx/fog.cs
    48.03088|D|libbeamng.lua.V.vehicleController.settingsChanged|NOT refreshing settings before access
    48.24095|D|CEF.local://local/ui/lib/int/logger.js:70|MainGEUI | [Console] mode is:
    48.30033|E|Crashreport|*** Trying to get Lua callstack
    48.30034|E|Crashreport|*** this is not the error, look above
    48.30037|E|GELua.main_static|Lua C++ CrashRpt stacktrace

I couldn't find a material that was unnamed in any of the materials.cs files. I couldn't find anything obvious. Maybe now a TSSTATIC object and a material name cannot share a name like the forest object + material name being the same bug that happened in 0.8 or 0.9 a year or two ago? That's the only thing I can think of.

I will keep trying to get these to load, but I'd hate to deprive the community of this much work over something that could be simple.
    If anyone has an ideas, try downloading and running them and let me know if you get anywhere with them. Thanks!

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Are you referring to this?
    It's nothing important, it's referring to a PostFX effect. Should happen everywhere, and have zero impact on the game itself.

3. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Derp... Okay then!
    What causes the maps not to load, then? They seemed to work in 0.14.x but both deal's gap (Tail of The Dragon) and Nevada Interstate went bust this-time-around and the log didn't really point at anything obvious. Those maps solely share a motel object (but using changed textures) but I think that is about it. I would reckon this broke Black Hills map by Ouerbacker also as that is what Nevada Interstate was based on. Oddly, it didn't break Los Injurus city which is a very very heavily modified So-Cal Interstate but with a city being built in it (thank goodness it didn't). I tried deleting the folder that held said motel in it from either map but that did not help.
    I will have to go over the change-log when I find it to see maybe just what broke somewhere along the lines. Is there possibly a more verbose log option I can turn on via a text editor? I looked, but didn't find much of anything, just some graphics related stuffs which might come in handy later.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

We need to check about this.
    On first look it seems like some shader generation issue.

On our ToDo list.

5. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Okay, I won't complain about that answer! I will be glad for whatever help I get on that. I wish the log would tell me what file busted it, so I could have fixed it without bothering you guys over there. I know you're very very busy as of late, and the new game-engine improvements are stellar.
    Don't break your backs over that one (though it could be indicative of a greater problem), but just know, 'the bug is there, I tried to fix, and could not get anywhere'. There could be older graphics in there, but lacking a bulk texture conversion program at the moment (working on looking up for something better), these two maps have sat on the back burner for a large part of the year while I picked up 3D modeling skills. I would like to touch them up one day. I did set the resource pages for them as 'unsupported' for the time being.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice