What do you drive & what work have you done/want to do?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by DrPeetree, Mar 15, 2018.

Tags:
?

Would you ever modify you car?

1. Obviously, who wouldn't?

15 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. Don't be stupid, it's a waste of money.

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. DrPeetree

DrPeetree
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys & girls

Just wanted to know what you lot drive and if like me, you have done work or plan to do work to your precious motor.

I drive a 2010 Ford Fiesta Zetec S Street Pack (EUDM).
    Street Pack comes with 17" alloys and tinted windows.

1.6L of naturally aspirated hatchback painted in Frozen White with aftermarket 17" Gloss Black Fox FX004 rims. Lowered by around 30mm on aftermarket AP Coilovers. Few stickers on the rear bumper and Mighty Car Mods sunstrip on the windscreen.

Currently waiting for a K&N 69-3530TS Typhoon Induction Kit to arrive in the post. Not going to use the filter that comes with it though... because I want a blue one! (sad but idc).

Other work includes a repainted interior. To explain, the interior trim pieces & radio fascia were all silver. My car is white so I removed all the parts (8 in total) and had them resprayed the same as the exterior. Small change but makes a BIG difference. I also replaced the black leather gear gaiter with a white leather one & the gear knob with a drilled 10 pool ball (because it is white & blue).

Obligatory subwoofer in the boot. Single 12" active sub that sits nicely in the corner so it doesn't take up 'too much' space.

Future work includes:
    replacing the brake lines with blue braided hoses
    replacing the rear drums with discs
    fitting wind deflectors (waiting for delivery)
    replacing exhaust with Cobra FD60 Cat Back system with TP41 tip.
    adding led strip in the boot as the stock boot light is like a candle in the wind...
    replacing internal speakers with up-rated ones by FLI (I have them... just need time to replace them)
    replacing HT Leads with blue up-rated ones.

I just realised that my plans for this car are more than I expected haha. I will be posting pictures but I as I write this, I am at work so I can't get any.

Post below what you have and what you have done/will do.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

I drive a Renault Clio campus from 2007 in Mars red. Its stock except for an aftermarket stereo and door speakers. I have no real mods planned other than some renault alloys to replace the steel wheels

• Like Like x 1
  3. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

I want a Lincoln Mark VII but with a 302 Windsor V8 in it or a 10th gen Cadillac Eldorado but with a LS

4. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

I own a 2012 Honda CRV,
    I would put off road wheels and suspension on it.
    like this
    upload_2018-3-15_13-54-14.jpeg
    pretty much make it like this image.
    but in the tan color it already has

5. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

The Mark VII was 302-only.

6. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Well I guess I don't have to do anything to it. Also it had a Diesel 2,443 cc (149 cu in) BMW M21 TD I6.

7. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

The diesel Eldorado as it should have been.

8. DrPeetree

DrPeetree
    Expand Collapse

Any performance parts or just offroady bits?
    --- Post updated ---
    Turn it into a sleeper? ;)

9. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

My parents own a Renault scenic.
    Work to do ?
    Trying to delete these stripes Made by people with key and fix that right back door who make weird sound in side when Its closed

10. DrPeetree

DrPeetree
    Expand Collapse

In that case, realistically, what would you get and what would you do to it?

11. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I cant drive yet but have a '79 firebird I want to add bigger brakes, if necessary, polyurethane bushings on the suspension, better shocks/springs, sub-frame connectors, bump up the hp of the smog era olds 403 in there(already has plenty of torque @320 ft-lbs), swap the 3 speed auto for a tremic 5 speed manual, and change the interior from ruined tan vinyl to black cloth so I don't burn myself because it has T-tops and large windows.

12. DrPeetree

DrPeetree
    Expand Collapse

Damn for a first car that is awesome! Nice one for wanting to change to a manual.... much more fun ;) Love to see the finished article.

13. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I would add some, idk what yet so I won't name any, but its already really fast, and handles better than my grandmas 2015 Cadillac soo I reallyy don't know what

14. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

for a rust belt car it is really solid too which is really nice because I would have to replace the floor if this car was worse. I have looked at a few other ones and many under 4-5k are ether missing a ton of parts or a complete rust-bucket which works in my favor since my dad had got it before restoring malaise era cars was popular so he payed $400 for a complete running car although it has a sketchy history and some bad repairs but nothing that can't be fixed :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. DrPeetree

DrPeetree
    Expand Collapse

I bet it sounds filthy when you give it the beans!

• Like Like x 1
  16. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

I would get a Peugeot 2008 and make It like real off roaders SUV. Big wheels off road roof rack, off road light

• Like Like x 1
  17. DrPeetree

DrPeetree
    Expand Collapse

My first car was a 1.1L Peugeot 106 Zest 2 in Moonstone Blue. Didn't do anything to it as I had to give it to my sister when she learned to drive.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

It will soon currently the engine is apart for a rebuild, but it used to roast the rear tires when it ran

• Like Like x 1
  19. DrPeetree

DrPeetree
    Expand Collapse

Took my old airbox out this weekend about put this beauty in! Totally worth it <3

Attached Files:

• DSC_0077.jpg
    • DSC_0075.jpg
  20. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I just got a bronco over the weekend, it needs brake lines then it is driveable.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice