1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

What happened to the ETK I-series rally?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Faction54, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Faction54

Faction54
    Expand Collapse

Hey.
    I haven't played BNG much after .8, I've had other things on. But one thing I noticed is that my former favourite car, the ETK I rally, has become almost undriveable. I was driving on the highway ECUSA and I found it's hard work to accelerate, and at about any speed over 40mph, if you take a corner, it just slides.
    I'm sure it's something to do with the tires, but I can't find any more tires in the parts selector.
    It was my favourite car before, I want it back to it's old self, so how can I fix this? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks :)

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

There was an old pre 0.8 mod which locks the etk I series into being a front wheel drive car when installed in 0.8. Possible you have it

3. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

I haven't used this config that much before the update so I don't know how it handled before compared to now. I am pretty sure that it's not the tires that are at fault here though, it's the new powertrain system that got implemented in 0.8. It changed how cars handled. I haven't seen any major handling issue with it when I use my wheel.

4. Faction54

Faction54
    Expand Collapse

So how do I revert this to mean that it actually can go in a straight line?

5. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

I have no issue with it going in an straight line at all. THe only car that I have issues keeping straight is the sbr4.
    Maybe it's the cause of an specific mod like @SixSixSevenSeven said.

I'm pretty sure that you can't revert this. There is no way to go back an version.

6. Faction54

Faction54
    Expand Collapse

Oh, that's a shame. Thanks for your help anyways.

7. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

With the new Powertrain differentials actually work as you'd expect them to work, so cars with locked diffs or some LSDs will slide a lot more due to the wheels binding up.
    Just be easy on the throttle =)

8. Faction54

Faction54
    Expand Collapse

I've found a car that handles almost identically to the .7 ETK, the Miramar rally (from a mod, I think), so now I can tear through the east coast highways again :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice