1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

What happened to the Revamped Prasu

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turbo49>, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Not that i wanted it or anything, i just noticed it wasn't on the repo anymore and i didn't find the reason why. CRGZ isn't banned too so i don't know what happened. Did he do it without permission ?

2. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

He got permission, however:
    upload_2021-10-9_18-46-47.png

3. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

So, is he planning to rerelease it once he's done more work or has he simply cancelled it ?

4. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

I've got no idea about that, as it wasn't mentioned in the message.

5. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

reading this for the first time.
    id love it if someone who really knows what they are doing with jbeams could help updating the prasu.
    like CRGZ pointed out its bad. 200bx jbeam from... idek man 5 years ago at this point? boi its been a long time.
    i would really love to "remaster" the supra to current standards but i lack all skills to do dev quality work.
    i always wanted to update the prasu, but i ended up giving myself unrealistic expectations and i never finished the update.
    seeing how the supra is a legendary vehicle, i wouldnt accept anything less from perfect, i would really love to be able to give this community a 1:1 high quality replica of the supra to mess around with in beamng, since this is the absolute best vehicle sim out there.
    but yet again, im no engineer, and i dont know how to properly jbeam a suspension, so supra ended up behaving weirdly.

the supra was from the beginning, a work from passion, but even with all the passion i hold in me to mod this game as perfect as real life, i simply dont have those skills and cannot do it like i want to.
    so in all honesty, idk if im just putting it out there to vent or somethin, but i havent modded in so long just because i cant do shit properly. its all random numbers mashed together until it works. and it annoys me. idk what im doing, even tho i know how to jbeam idk what numbers i put. its just trial and error.... so frustrating.
    maybe in 10 years from now when ill have a few other college/uni degrees under my belt and can calculate suspension geometry n all, ill come back to this game to create quality content, but until then, ive kinda given up on modding. not enough information online on how to PROPERLY do it.
    yeah sure there is the wiki with all the info on how to make a jbeam, but how to make a stable jbeam with realistic proportion of force and stress? hahaha no way jose, you can start digging your grave now cuz you might as well die trying to figure out this black magic shit with all the physics going around with beamng. unless you were born engineer with a family of engineer and know exactly what you are doing, you are only gonna create meshslaps for this game.

maybe im hoping someone who knows how to jbeam properly will help me remaster this mod. the supra really deserve to be good. its a really special car.

Now, to answer the question of the thread, bc i noticed ive been going offopic a lot.
    i personally gave the go for him to release it, so if it was deleted, ive got no clue what happened, i did nothing.
    maybe there was something he didnt like or he removed it idk. maybe the demands or the criticism from the community was too harsh and made him quit, wouldnt be a first either.

either way, i personally really appreciated that CRGZ took up HIS OWN PERSONAL TIME, to update the supra a lil bit, added PBR and a really sick looking body kit with some custom headlight and etc.
    it may still look like crap but thats because the supra's model is taken from a 2003 game mod lmfao.
    it needs a whole freakin remaster like the devs are doing with its official content, supra needs a whole new model and textures.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Someone really has to redo this whole mod from scratch. Original parts have pretty good Jbeam (aside from suspension) but not the greatest models and textures, while the new ones mostly look good but the Jbeam on them is either badly scratch made or taken from other mods (I hope it's all with permission, there are lots of things taken from other mods without any credit and half of them don't even work properly) and slapped straight on the car without any modifications which makes them really buggy and unstable. Sadly the coolest thing, the monster truck, has the second worst Jbeam I have ever seen on a mod. (You don't want to know how bad the first worst was...) While there was visibly an ENORMOUS amount of effort that went into the remake and it should be respected, it's still not really a revamp, it adds more issues than it fixes.
    Now, I would help fix some of the stuff with Jbeam and material issues, but there are some problems:
    • I'm in the process of revamping 2 other mods currently, might be 3 soon, I have unfinished update to one of my mods, 5 new WIP mods, most of which I've been making for many months because I constantly get sidetracked with something else, some barely even started and instantly put on hold, also at least 3 other not even started mods...
    • I'm not sure how much stuff I would be able to fix, most likely I can't fix the most important stuff like suspension and textures, no idea what I can do about the sounds, I might break some stuff accidentally and make it worse so probably I won't touch the suspension at all
    • I lack the experience to redo it from scratch, I would only improve the current stuff as good as I can like I did with Mad Mod
    • There definitely are people who could do it way better and faster than me, but probably aren't willing to as this is too much work to do properly
    So I might help if you can't find anyone else, if you don't mind this slowing down my progress on other mods (Maluch progress is slow regardless and there's nothing I can personally do about it, it depends more on other people who are working on it than me), and if you are fine with just fixes of bugs and of bad Jbeam, and no improvements of already decent stuff and no extra content, obviously suspension will stay the way it is most likely. I like helping people improve their mods but it takes so much time so idk, I haven't decided on this one yet.

7. jtrusstruck

jtrusstruck
    Expand Collapse

Guys it's back on the repo I think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice