What phones have you had and do you have?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by MrAnnoyingDude, Apr 22, 2018.

1. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

As the title says.

For me:
    • Samsung S3310 (or something like that) in 2013/14. Late 00s, kinda mediocre dumbphone.
    • Samsung Galaxy Mini II - 2014-16. It was previously repaired after having fallen into the toilet, but was really sturdy (dropped on concrete, barely scratched) and ran well, though it was unable to have Google Play updates anymore. I scratched the "chrome" off it.
    • Samsung Galaxy Xcover II - 2016-17. Wasn't that much better, as the old phone was sturdy without the tacky plastic, and kept giving false flag warnings about lack of space.
    • Huawei P9 Lite '17 - 2017-. It's a good phone, but had to get a case for it. Still had a cracked screen after a drop, but the OEM foil holds the screen together and I'm using it as is.
    And your phones?

2. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

I had a Samsung galaxy nexus and now I have an iPhone 5

3. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

IPhone 4 lyf boi!

4. JetPoweredMacintosh™

JetPoweredMacintosh™
    Expand Collapse

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, screen cracked when I dropped it on some concrete about half a year ago.......
    I've dropped it so many times since then I've lost count..... ;)

5. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

The first Samsung
    Actually a orange rise 51
    Soon a archos

6. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Eh, I'm bored, so why not. I'll list my phones (Even though I completely forget the years I had them)

First off was a Samsung SPH a500. Suuuper old phone, I don't even think it had a camera, or play any sort of music file.
    Then I had a Sony Ericsson k750 second, which could take pictures and play music!! I think it also had a few games you could buy straight of the web browser, I can't quite remember though..

3rd phone was a Sony Ericsson C902. Basically the same as the last phone, though with much more features, better camera, screen and such. The camera controls I remember being touch screen buttons on the side of the screen, which was always alittle gimmicky

4th phone (Finally, away from the stupid phone names..) was a Samsung Galaxy Ace. To be honest, it kinda sucked.. Suuper slow, kinda buggy, and the battery life was non-existent

5th was an iphone 4s. We all know what that is
    6th, another 4s, and 7th phone was just an iphone4 (I went through these pretty quickly..) ^^;

And finally, 8th and current phone, is a OnePlus 3T. It easily blows away all the other phones. It really surprises me with how far phones have come when I compare this phone to my first

((Also, sorry for the wall of text all))
    (;⌒_⌒)

7. D-Troxx

D-Troxx
    Expand Collapse

Several non smart phones

Xtreamer Aiki 5, factory rooted. Went to the trash bin.

Huawei G750. Liked the phone alot so bought another Huawei.

Current phone is a Huawei P10 lite. Rooted it after a month of owning it to get rid of some unnecesairy stuff and to upgrade to a newer android version. Stock android was 7.0.0.
    Current rom is a Lineage OS running on android 7.1.2. Installed through TWRP.

8. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

(I did not get a phone for a long time because my parents never wanted to pay for a data plan for me and my brother, who is the same age as me. )

My first phone was a Keyocera Verve.

I have to say, even though it was a cheap phone, for owning it in 2016, it got the job done, and was pretty durable except for the back coming off every drop or two.

My second phone was a Samsung Galaxy Note 4

It was a great phone while I used it, then I lost it. It never had a SIM card so I could not call, but I used it for texting and games. It was my dads old phone, until he passed away. ;(

My third phone (also the one I use now) Is a OnePlus 3T

I love this phone, it's the best phone ever!
    Its better than the plain OnePlus3 because it is faster and has a longer battery life, and its decently cheap compared to the IPhone 8. It also has a headphone jack which is a needed feature! It also has plenty of storage, and it's not an outdated phone, so its still really great for today!

Honorable mentions: (Phones I never really used and screwed around with.)

My moms old black IPhone 4

This

An old Motorola Razr

also used to be my moms, and it still works great XD

A telephone booth

and thats really all

9. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

I had two cheap nokias before I got my first smartphone. The first nokia was pretty advanced, it even had a color screen;) the second nokia followed this trend, it had 3g connectivity:rolleyes: Awesome phones, the first one sadly died in a washing machine.

My first smartphone was a samsung galaxy trend (gt-s7560), usually sold under the name "ace 2x" (gt-s7560m). Used it for a year, after which I rooted it and installed cyanogenmod 11. Very nice and small device, pretty slow but nice. I used it as small "ipod" until spotify banned tablet apks.

Second one was a Nexus 5 bought in summer 2014. I didn't root it, but my brother did a few months later when I sold it to him. Why did I sell it? To buy my next phone ofc.

October 2014 I got an invite for Oneplus One, bought it and rooted it. Very good device. Two of my friends bought it too. One of them is still using it, the device works perfectly. Mine got a little problem, the microphone doesn't work anymore. I have changed the battery on it, shouldn't be too hard to swap a mic too. It's a fantastic phone, running android 8.0. It works as a small tablet, controller for beamng or as a phone for hikes.

Then last summer I bought my current phone, Oneplus 3T. The price was a bit high, considering the One was dirt cheap. I bought this mainly because of the broken microphone. It works well, but I miss all the customization of my rooted phones. I haven't rooted this yet, because snapchat doesn't like rooted phones.

10. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

kden so

my first phone was a Samsung S3 Mini

I believe I then had a crappy nokia windows phone and two more microsoft/nokias

I then bought an iphone 5c which I dropped from 20m height which was (obvioulsy) as dead as it could be (the battery even started to smoke)

I then had one year with an old iPhone 4 after which I bought my current phone, an iPhone 6

11. Dario555

Dario555
    Expand Collapse

Idk - 2014 some Nokias and Samsungs
    2014 - 2017 Samsung Galaxy S5
    April 2017 - current Samsung Galaxy S8+
    May 2017 - current iPod touch 6th generation

12. Superbird11

Superbird11
    Expand Collapse

2013: Nexus 5, dropped it and broke
    2014: Moto X 2014 with leather back, broke after a drop
    2016: Oneplus 3, Battery got woeful
    2018: iPhone 8plus

13. Youngtimer

Youngtimer
    Expand Collapse

2011 - 2013 - Huawei G6620
    2013 - 2014 - Nokia 5730
    2014 - 2015 - Samsung Galaxy Ace S5580
    2015 - present - Acer S55/Liquid Jade

#13 Youngtimer, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  14. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

2010-2016
    Sony Ericsson
    2016-
    TCL 5017X

Apple is for losers lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

2006-2009- a selection of old phones given to me by parents
    2009-2012- Iphone 3
    2012-2014- Iphone 5
    2014- present - Iphone 6

Wow, I need an upgrade

16. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Apple is not for losers, Android just has more, lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Let's not start a flame war, shall we?

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Wasn't trying too :p

19. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

2015 - ...
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo (my first phone). Now it's starting to show its years; it's slowing down, but it still works, so I'm fine with that :)
    If I'll update the phone I'd buy a used/refurbished S4/Note 3 or a new Zenfone 4 Pro from Asus.

#19 Alex [ITA], Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  20. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

I didn't have a phone for a long time, was the second last person in my class to get one.
    2013-2013 - Samsung Galaxy Young
    It's a crap phone. I disliked it as soon as I saw it (it was a present from my mom, I would have never bought this thing). I still have it and it is still in pristine condition because I used it only for a month or so.
    2013-present - Nokia 206 Dual SIM
    A durable and long lasting phone that has all the functions I need. When it becomes too scratched, I polish it and it's shiny and new again. 5 years and still looks better than my friends' more complicated phones they bought 1-3 years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice