1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

What tool you guys use to make 3D modeling of the car? & Few more questions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pss5156, Oct 27, 2020.

1. pss5156

pss5156
    Expand Collapse

My PC spec, first of all.
    CPU: Intel i5 3570
    RAM: 8GB
    GPU: GTX 870 or 890 whatever

I originally had a plan of making a facelift of 2022 K-Series. I even posted a thread about it in content creation. But because the design became complex and sophisticated, I decided to do the 3D work by myself(I took part of design, only).

However, I have no idea what tool should I use. Also, no background of the tool at all. I'm sure I can figure it out by myself, same as the post personal experience of learning photoshops and premiere pro all by myself. But I need you guy's help.

Also, ETK K-Series is the base of the mod(of course), so I'll need to import them on the tool. So please, tell me the tool that is 'compatible' with BeamNG vehicles. (Also, actually, if you can tell me the route of the vehicle file and how to import them, that would be helpful.)

My English skill is not reaching 'native' level, so I could not understand all those valuable and wonderfully categorized wiki how-to guideline(sorry devs). So it would be awesome to start with solving this very simple but important question I have. Help! Thank you :D

2. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

blender. Its really easy to learn. @P_enta may be able to help you. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLISKPSEUrKCBjVK0S1_dYA1tOK050FIFh
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

• Like Like x 1
  3. Szymon2007

Szymon2007
    Expand Collapse

4. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

wait edit it it works now

#4 Trophy, Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

Blender is what I use

Free, easy to use and pretty intuitive

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Taipan

Taipan
    Expand Collapse

Rickroll

7. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

You can use a bunch of different programs to model .Obviously we here use Blender as it's quite powerful in what it can do + it's free to use. Other options like 3DS Max, Maya etc. are good as well, but they are paid. For creating your own textures (if you have/want to) you can use either GIMP, paint.net, Photopea, Photoshop or whatever other program you like. As for creating the code (jbeam) for your modification, it's best to use Notepad++ as it's easy to understand & use (but also free). Obviously, learning to model or create textures won't be a quick thing as it may take you a few months up to a year or two to learn how to create models, so a lot of patience & determination is to be had :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. pss5156

pss5156
    Expand Collapse

Visual content! Thank you!
    --- Post updated ---
    Determination and time is the only thing i have. Thank you so much my dude. I will keep post about it. You might wanna see the end result.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice