What's wrong ? Beamng Crashes with my mod

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by FeelsBadBro, Jan 6, 2015.

1. FeelsBadBro

FeelsBadBro
    Expand Collapse

#1 FeelsBadBro, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Re: What's wrong ?

For future reference. Check the console for errors... It is even nice enough to tell you the reason and line number.

3. FeelsBadBro

FeelsBadBro
    Expand Collapse

how can use the console in game?

4. Calais

Calais
    Expand Collapse

Use this ` or ~

5. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

It should also be mentioned that physics freezing upon the loading of a jbeam object means that you have an unstable jbeam. even something as simple as a misplaced character can cause this error to occur.

It would also appear that he lacks an empty triangles (I think that is required) section and a second line with a "}" at the end of the jbeam file.
    [this is all based on my personal expirence with jbeam so how I do things may be different -this is a disclaimer]

#5 KennyWah, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  6. CarlosAir

CarlosAir
    Expand Collapse

That's definitely not how jBeam works. It's not about converting your 3d mesh to nodes and beams..

7. FeelsBadBro

FeelsBadBro
    Expand Collapse

What should i do then?

8. CarlosAir

CarlosAir
    Expand Collapse

I suggest you take a look at the jBeam for default vehicles, also check out this tutorial (Introduction_to_Vehicle_Creation) and all the other info the forum and the wiki provide.

Imagine that the jBeam is a somewhat simplistic approximation of the vehicle shape, where you are defining the vehicle 'skeleton' that tells how the vehicle will crash and behave, the jBeam needs to constitute a rigid shape with a more or less regular structure when it comes to the overall placement of the nodes.

And most importantly, making the jBeam for a vehicle is a long and tedious process, it is not just a quick 'conversion' or a quick required step when making a vehicle. You'll need to make the 'skeleton' for the vehicle keeping in mind how each of the vehicle parts should react to it's environment.

Again, my main advice is that you examine the jBeam for default vehicles.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice