Whats your opinion on EV's PHEV's etc.......

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by vintage apple, Aug 29, 2019.

?

Do you like EV's PHEV's etc.....

1. yes

40.0%
  2. no

60.0%
  3. prefer PHEV's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. vintage apple

vintage apple
    Expand Collapse

I personally really like ev's and phev's but what do you think tell me down bellow!

2. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

electric bad
    2 stroke god

3. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

I would prefer EVs if they had solved two problems.
    1. Overprice. EVs are easier to design and cheaper to produce, because they have much less mechanical complexity, but they sell a higher price.
    Luxury items do not worth the cost, but they worth other things. By buying and using luxuries, you're showing others your social status, richness, etc.
    EV does not worth the cost. By buying and driving an EV. You're telling others that you are a eco-friendly person, your style is futuristic, etc.

2. Handling. Some(not all) EVs are difficult to control, especially at low speeds. The video in the attachment shows us this. In the video the car in front of the cammer shift into reverse gear and the car moved by itself, even the braking action from the driver is not enough to stop in from hitting the cammer's car.

Attached Files:

4. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Ima quote myself on my thoughts of what's wrong with EV's.

5. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I'm finding myself more and more compelled to click on articles about them, so maybe I'm getting into them?

Well, that's how it went with my interest in The Who. First I listen to Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy, then to Who's Next, etc., and then I find myself with Keith Moon in my profile pic!

6. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I want to see low-cost, medium-tech, high-performance electric vehicles made in America, for Americans. I would argue that EV's have the potential to revitalize American car manufacturing.

There is also a good chance that China will flood the market with cheapo EV's with terrible range, performance and reliability, not to mention probably being no better for the environment than the gas-powered cars they replace thanks to all the coal energy and toxic materials they use. This cannot be allowed to happen.

#6 vmlinuz, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  7. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

If you really believe this about Chinese products, you're the fool here. Companies such as Huawei or Xiaomi now have excellent bang-for-the-buck, that made me buy my 2nd Huawei recently and only shun Xiaomi due to the lack of a 3.5mm jack.

And American manufacturing... well, I've just read a e-tron/I-Pace/EQC/Model X comparo, and the Tesla noticeably lost in build quality. It was also the most expensive - 420k PLN vs sub-360k for all the others. It may just be an iPhone on wheels.

8. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

I just wish I could have a vehicle that last 25-30 years with only standard maintenance and a 7 year complete coverage warranty. But those days are long gone now

9. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

They also have excellent spyware for the buck.

10. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

How do you know? After all, modern cars haven't had the chance to run that long.

Though I regularily see modern cars listed with 400+ kkm mileage.

Like NSA uplinks?

Also, any source on your spyware claims?

11. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Whatever the NSA may or may not be doing is minuscule compared to the Chinese surveillance state, which actually might use the information they gather against innocent people. Some devices *have* security risks, Huawei *is* a security risk. As for cars, the problematic ones won't be coming from reputable-ish brands like Geely or Qoros, they'll be crappy knock-offs from Alibaba or something.

Made a joke about Winnie the Pooh on your way to work? Oh well, guess you're not getting away from that hurricane, 'cause we bricked your car.

Also yes, the Tesla is an iPhone on wheels and I don't want one. Believe it or not, there is such a thing as too many features, and I hope future EV's avoid this mistake.

#11 vmlinuz, Sep 10, 2019
  12. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

We need an electric vehicle with absolutely NO internet connection, or find a way to remove the SIM card in the car.
    We need an electric vehicle with absolutely NO internet connection, or find a way to remove the SIM card in the car.

Things could get even worse if the Government legislate autonomous driving and ban human driving, say anything wrong and you gonna die in a car accident.

#12 default0.0player, Sep 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

And you really think that the US is absolutely 100% innocent? They also will cut people they want to down, and they will back it up with military might.

Also,those cars don't even really sell in China.

14. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

What are you talking about? Stop watching propaganda. There have been 0 documented disappearances due to people criticizing Bush, Obama, Trump or even Clinton, meanwhile in China, you can get disappeared for making too many references to a wacky and uncharacteristic yellow bear from classic children's literature. If that shit happened in America, people would notice.

This thread is about electric cars. I apologize as I was partly responsible for derailing it.

On topic: I would buy an eSBR.

15. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Even if not that, you can get penalised for ingesting or even having the wrong things, importing the wrong kind of car, having a car in wrong condition, selling or buying the wrong kind of gun, not asking the state for permission to do certain things...

16. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

That's just the law, mostly reasonable in my opinion. If you have a problem with it you can vote in the next election. But that's politics, we're talking about electric cars and none of these problems are inherent to them. I'm happy as long as cars aren't sending a constant live cabin A/V feed to God knows who, and there's no evidence of that happening so far.

I also like the idea of similar acceleration at any speed, whereas with a gas-powered car, you have less power at higher speeds due to the gearing.

#16 vmlinuz, Sep 10, 2019
  17. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The problem is Chinese EVs have even lower reliability and efficiency. The JAC iEV and Chery eQ only topspeed at 60km/h yet they idle at 5km/h, isn't it's funny to have a vehicle idle speed is 8.3% of the topspeed? You can buy a Suzuki Swift at the same price.
    High end model such as the BYD e6 have much lower efficiency than American EVs
    v2-721b78ac37396334b0183375385a9ed7_r.jpg
    --- Post updated ---
    That's Telescreen.
    The opposite is true.
    EV only has one powerband,which is at 40~80mph, the engine power lowered at high speed. -388392e99a4ac247.png
    In an ICEV you can shift to keep the RPM in the power band.

No, you gonna regret it when you try to parallel parking at 3 mph. More information

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice