Wheel & Tire Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by YellowRusty, Jul 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Given that wheels & tires are often one of the most important changes you can make when customizing a car, and BeamNG's fantastic system that allows us to swap wheels between almost all vehicles, I thought that they deserved their own unique suggestion thread.

Before posting here, please remember to:
    • Confine your suggestions to wheels, tires, hubcaps, and wheel accessories. Feel free to mention which official cars & configurations they would work well with, but avoid discussing new vehicles or other auto parts. Those topics have their own threads.
    • Check to ensure that a wheel/tire of your desired style does not already exist as an official in-game component. The wiki page for official wheels and tires can be accessed here.

I'll get us started with one of my big wishlist items for BeamNG:

Red line tires. Available as both a factory option and aftermarket addon for most muscle cars of the late sixties and early seventies, this short-lived trend has had a lasting impact on American car culture. This would be a fairly easy thing to do in-game - simply take the various existing sizes of thin whitewalls and recolour them. I can easily picture these being applied to certain variants of the Barstow (perhaps small-block Roadsport packages get white lines, while the big-blocks get red lines?), as well as being featured on custom Moonhawks and Miramars. They'll be ready and waiting when the Bluebuck arrives too!

upload_2018-7-5_20-55-29.png

CarPlus imitiation beadlocked hubcaps. A flashy, yet low-budget tuning option you'd find in the impulse-buy section of any auto-parts store, purchased by anyone trying too hard to make their car look fast/expensive. I kind of like the idea of knocking off the Okudai KRW wheels, but changing the design just enough to make it legally defensible (maybe round off the cutouts, or go for a six-spoke?) A fun option for ridiculous builds.

Eighties Turbine Wheels (in both silver and red) Based off of various wheels of the eighties, (and concave, unlike the convex Alder Royale wheels), these things were found on everything from the DeLorean to the Corvette to the Bronco to the A-Team van. Note that there are two styles - smaller, more car-focused wheels use a greater number of thin spokes, while the larger, truck-focused options use fewer, thicker spokes.

Off-road Traction Advantage Tires. In the world of off-roading, where traction is everything, T/A tires give you that little extra edge. Tiremakers know this, so they've shipped out off-road rubber with white letters since the seventies. Some people turn them letter-side-in, but others let the lettering tell the world that these are performance tires.

*offhand, I'm not certain if "traction advantage" is a trademark of BFGoodrich. But T/A tires are in-game, so I'm assuming that someone at Beamng HQ has looked into it.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  2. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Drift tires for 4-lug wheel hubs: Although they may not be used as much on the official cars as the 5-lug wheel hubs, these hubs still are optional parts on the 200BX and '88 Pessima, as well as the only options for the Covet and Miramar. These hubs have a decent selection of 13-, 14-, 15, and 16-inch wheels to choose from, and they have plenty of tires to choose from, as well. However, there still are no 4-lug drift tires (while the 5-lug hubs have at least two wheels - the Okudai KRWs and the Clockwise 533s - that can come in certain sizes with drift tires), which is a bit of a shame. No, drift tires aren't the most useful or important things in the world when it comes to drifting on BeamNG.drive (I rarely use vehicles with drift tires myself), but to have the option to choose drift tires on the Covet or the Miramar would be a great addition for drifters who want to use smaller vehicles with those specific tires.

3. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Wooden Wagon Spokes:
    Adds wheels from the old days of automobiles onto more modern vehicles, as vehicular "art". Would best suit a SUV like a Roamer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I’ve mentioned it before, but I would love to see the Adler Draggers available in black. Hopefully some day we can get colorable wheels and a GUI with pictures of the wheels, I hate looking for wheels in the parts selector.

Tires with a gold stripe would be cool. They looked like redlines but gold instead of red.

I would appreciate a white stripe on the drag tires. Picture included so people don’t think I’m talking about whitewalls.

C78169C9-3287-4225-BEF7-4FB8752D9BEF.jpeg

#4 ManfredE3, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  5. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

I would love to see hubcap support for the 15x9 vintage steel wheels.

#5 Nathan24™, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Less perfect hubcaps, usually those pesky hubcaps tend to wobble a bit as they seem never to seat quite perfectly, but in BeamNG they are way too perfect fit, common sin in game graphics, it is so easy to make everything perfect, but much harder to make everything perfectly tiny bit off for that realistic look.

• Like Like x 1
  7. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Beater hubcaps, IE: Hubcaps missing paint in places and such. They would fit nicely with some potential beater cars.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. diago226

diago226
    Expand Collapse

Personally I'd love more of a option of drag tires in different sizes. Like for 15x8, so, x10. And the tire options like drag slicks and drag radials. I'd love to imitate a small tire car with 29x10.5 slicks or 275/60/15 pro radials. Just my .02.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Given the sheer number of eighties cars currently in-game, I'd like to see some more retro alloy wheels from that period.
    upload_2019-1-15_9-56-53.png
    This particular style interests me - it was stock for certain trims of certain early-eighties Cadillac models. I like the way that the bare and black metal balance each other. While there may be no news on the Soliad Wendover or any other eighties American luxury cars, I figure it would be better to have OEM wheels for them in-game sooner rather than later.
    upload_2019-1-15_10-21-5.png
    A silver recolour for the existing modern steel wheels would be much appreciated as well, given how well they mesh with European maps.

#9 YellowRusty, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
  10. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

I still can't get over the fact that these we're removed...:p
    screenshot_2018-11-15_20-49-29.png

• Agree Agree x 8
  11. EnjoyMyHItsYT

EnjoyMyHItsYT
    Expand Collapse

some "Pirelli Slicks" for every Official Car?
    upload_2019-1-22_21-38-38.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. bobyb55

bobyb55
    Expand Collapse

BeadLocks

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

12 to 14 ply mobile home tires becsuse the "heavy duty" tires aren't even tough enough

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. fluffy12345

fluffy12345
    Expand Collapse

yall remmeber the icerock wheels that are for ever old well i love the rims and i want somebody to make a tire mod for the ice rock whells like smaller ofroad tires things like that thanks.

15. Aerohead1999

Aerohead1999
    Expand Collapse

One thing i wish the developers would focus on for a little bit.

These rims would be nice for the d-series and the T-series and the WentWard DT40L. Classic rims

These would be great for the roamer and the d-series. one good looking suv rims

Crown vic hubs best looking police interceptor rims. Would love to see this for the grand marshal

i would do more but theses are the ones i would 100 percent want to see in the game.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

These bad boys

upload_2019-2-6_9-34-41.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

4-spoke Rostyle wheels:

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

these Oldsmobile wheels for the moonhawk of barstow

these for the 200bx

any type of spoke wheels or the burnside

these for the roamer

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

Generic aftermarket 5-Spoke rims like this: _722.jpg for any econobox tbh.
    Some VW-Type wheels like this: _721.jpg For sunburst and the 97 Pessima.
    Even more generic aftermarket 5 spoke rims like this: _72.jpg For covet.
    Mitsubishi Starion type wheels like this: MitsubishiStarion.jpg For 200BX.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. ViperCobra

ViperCobra
    Expand Collapse

-15x8 And 15x9 versions of Alder rallye wheels
    -Hubcaps for classic 15x9 steel wheels
    -Radial tires for 15x7 wheels
    -15x8 classic steel wheels
    -Smol offroad tires for smoller wheels

#20 ViperCobra, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice