Which Wheel should I get? G29 or TM T300RS GT

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Capricious Curtis, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Capricious Curtis

Capricious Curtis
    Expand Collapse

Hey all! I am looking to get a new steering wheel for my computer, as I currently have a very noisy Logitech Driving Force Pro. It makes a ton of noise and, as I live with my parents and sister, it is quite annoying. So, I have been looking around online and found two potential new wheels:

The Logitech G29 (Not 920) with shifter
    Or:
    The Thrustmaster T300RS GT with the TH8A add on shifter

Both of these wheels would fit my needs nicely, as I want to be able to drive manual with a stick shifter and clutch pedal and both, to my knowledge, are fairly quiet.

As I have no experience with either of these wheels, I decided to make this thread to ask, which should I get?

Personally I am leaning towards the Thrustmaster, as it is belt driven and therefore doesn't have the classic crunchy sound of a gear driven system, and it also has a nicer shifter. Alas, it also has some downsides, as I have read many articles about it having a very noisy fan on the inside which can break and cause overheating issues.

Anyways, Anyone who owns one of these wheels, please let me know how they work and pros and cons of each.

Thanks;)

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

T300 as G29 does not really even compete in same series.

G29 and T150 are close to same level, but T300 with those better pedals and shifter is above G29 hands down, imo.

Even pedals that came with T150 Pro are miles better than what I had with G25 and my understanding is that G29 pedals are not much different from G25 pedals.

G29 FFB is also weaker than G25, yet T150 I find being clearly stronger than G25, T300 is then stronger than T150 and lot smoother.

It is bit like comparing BMW to Hyundai, sure they get the job done and are while Hyundai gets the job done, it certainly is not quite the BMW.

T500 is going then to whole new level.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Capricious Curtis

Capricious Curtis
    Expand Collapse

Thanks so much for the info! This should be really helpful!

I have a few questions still though, which of those wheels, in your experience, is the quietest? Also, does the T300 really overheat and have problems?

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

T150 is not very loud, but T300 certainly is quieter, although I have just quick test with that and not with comparable environment, G25 certainly not quiet :D

Can't say anything about T500 and have no idea about problems with T300, I thought it having a cooling fan like T150? If fan fails, certainly things go south fast, maybe problems are from that?

5. Capricious Curtis

Capricious Curtis
    Expand Collapse

Maybe, but I have read that the T300 for some people has overheating problems, though it does have a fan inside.
    Regarless, thank you so much for your help, as it will help make my decision a lot easier;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice