Who Did It Better - BeamNG Movies

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by bmwcrazy456, Sep 3, 2020.

1. bmwcrazy456

bmwcrazy456
    Expand Collapse

So - FrizEris or Crash Frontier - who made the better movie?
    *These consider primarily the movies

Here's my take:
    Camerawork: FrizEris had better cameras, and was better able to film most crashes, although CF had some pretty incredible scenes
    Vehicle Use: Straight to CF. Sorry, Friz, but the excessive use of IRL cars wasn't as well liked, and the police cars seemed random - seventies muscle next to 2010s Japanese cops next to Crown Vic etc
    Story: Toss up. I have a feeling CF can do it better if he tried, since FrizEris's lacks a lot - it seems rather shallow in my opinion - but CF's are no better. In the Seconds from Disaster series by Friz, they are much better - you feel sad about some of the characters, especially in the bridge one, but those aren't movies; rather well made 'Short Story' videos
    Suspense: FrizEris. Only in some scenes did CF get me excited; most of the time I was mildly nervous, while FrizEris keeps things moving nicely.
    Music: Neither. None of the music was not (to my knowledge) composed for the movie or a mainstream song. Both of those are requirements in my book. In an unfinished movie, only copyright songs were in there.
    Effects: CF. FrizEris effects are solely in game; while the ones CF does greatly enhances the overall film
    Density: FrizEris. FrizEris's population density in videos (amount of cars on the road) is much better than CF. (how many cars are really on JRI?) - but CF does have some amazing traffic scenes.

Overall, I watch both excitedly; both of you are amazing, but as a writer who has written a few unmade BeamNG screenplays, I prefer CF for not only the effects, but also the story and use of cars. Other than that, they're pretty much the same. Thoughts and/or questions?

NOTE: This is not a critical piece or put down of anyone. You make cool stuff, don't stop doing it because of me. I just have some things about it that I like about both and was putting it here. Before you go, 'oh make your own movie', I can't. I don't have the skill in enough of the above areas - this is from a viewer/writer's perspective. Writer because I wrote a few unfinished screenplays, and a half published beamng novel. **The rest of the novel is finished, but I never got around to putting it up - I was a bit trepidatous about whether it was up to par with standards of content/story. Same with my movie, but the film quality was terrible, and I felt bad about it being that way.

The reason there is a lousy movie on the thread was because I also felt bad about no movie coming - It took me way to long to make that one, so I abandoned it - no one liked it anyway :(

(The gas leak one is up for grabs, you want to make it CF? Or FrizEris? - and so is the spy one :) )

Also, to those who make movies published or unpublished - keep going! We all appreciate it, and love to watch them (at least I do)

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice