Why am I getting lag

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by hduncan806, Jul 9, 2017.

1. hduncan806

hduncan806
    Expand Collapse

Why am I getting lag when i play BeamNG or any games I got a new laptop with an amd a12 9700p quad core and an amd r7 4gb igpu I don't believe its the ram but it might be it only has 6gb but i run it fine on my old laptop with an i3 4030U with the igpu i have BeamNG on lowest graphics settings and the only map I get close to 60fps on is grid small pure i get 50fps max and about 40 avg without a vehicle in just free cam please help i've done everything

2. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

probably becuase your specs are kinda shit

3. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

Igpu... integrated graphics unit? I may be wrong but "integrated" tends to be something you'd want to avoid for doing any sort of gaming.

4. hduncan806

hduncan806
    Expand Collapse

Well... I mean its a R7 With 4gb of vram
    --- Post updated ---
    I run GTAV at high just fine with like 20 mods

5. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

any AMD CPU except ryzen does not do well with BeamNG

6. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

GTA V is also one of the best, most well-optimized PC games on the market. It can run on practically ancient machines with relative ease. Comparing BeamNG.drive - a physics simulator, to GTA - an open exploration game with fairly simply deformation, is a rather unfair comparison.
    Besides, AMD cpus that aren't high-level, purpose-built ones like their Ryzen line won't run Beam, or any cpu-intensive games for that matter, without some major pushing. AMD also had the FX series which I'd imagine could probably run intensive games at a decent pace as well.
    --- Post updated ---
    That being said, you could try running Beam in a higher priority setting. It might push the framerate up a little, it might not.

7. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

That's not really true. I'd pick an R5 1800X over an i5 7600k costing the same any day. Now the last generations of AMD CPUs though, the FX series, is horrible though.

8. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

GTA is a terrible benchmark.

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The r7 iGPU is awful. The cpu is a downgrade from your old one

10. nolotank

nolotank
    Expand Collapse

The reason your performance has gone down is that your specs have effectively gone down.

#10 nolotank, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  11. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

why wwould anyone get a laptop thats worse than what they already have, really, why get a laptop at all...

12. hduncan806

hduncan806
    Expand Collapse

i just wanted something that could run csgo h1z1 beamNG and some other indie games so I don't have to bring my 80lbs piece of crap lol and its good enough for me

13. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

APUs don't run Beamng.drive well because of the low clockspeed + ancient bulldozer architecture. Ditch the APU, there are next to no APU's that run this game decently, except some of the highest-clocked desktop ones close to 4ghz. Some of the 4ghz FX cpus ran the game 'alright' and 'playable' but I would be hard-pressed to say smoothly. Any intel cpu 2xxx or better (or first generation i7 on x58 chipset or equal XEON chip) would run the game nicely, where any intel 4xxx series cpu or above runs this game rather fine and close to perfect.
    The AMD Ryzen cpu performs on a level at or above intel 6xxx series Skylake cpus for Beamng.drive + 0~10% performance increase on physics, clock for clock (meaning, when comparing an R7 1700x to an i7 6900k at the same clock speed with some fast RAM).
    A Ryzen 1600/1600X cpu or above will do quite nicely for Beamng.drive performance and allow many cars, up to a dozen, at once (barring the physics doesn't bomb out past 6~8 vehicles, that's a game bug). Buying an "i5 anything" right now would be folly and a waste of money.

If you fancy playing lots of beamng.drive, please DO NOT buy a laptop, unless you want to have a weiner-roast going on. Seriously. This roasts the snot out of the laptop components. Get a cooler to go under the laptop and plug it into the wall, if you must. Do stick it on a table or something, and avoid using it on your lap or bedding as this insulates, not cools the machine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice