Question / Support Why cars made in older automation versions don't work in newer versions?

Discussion in 'Automation' started by zalutskiy2005, Apr 2, 2020.

1. zalutskiy2005

zalutskiy2005
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to use old cars in the new version of automation?

2. kwai38

kwai38
    Expand Collapse

This is the beamng forums. If you have any questions about automation, please go to the automation forums to ask questions.

3. cob4lt974

cob4lt974
    Expand Collapse

If you had older automation version you can. Import, open the older automation, open the imported car, then quit game, open the newer version, it should be there.
    If you dont have the older automation. I had the B190801.because once my automation cars just gone, and i cant import my backups so i lost it technicaly. So i had the b190801 just in case i need it to import my older cars or others when needed(i also backuped the sandbox database,its easier than import every single car you had, in my case was Hundreds)

TLDR. You can send me the .car file if you want, then i can send you the newer .car version,it may lose modded fixtures that i didnt have or newer fixtures added after the b190801 update.

But if the .car wasnt really old(just few updates behind) it might still doable

Also cars made in the KEE Engine automation are imposibe, no matter the version.they literally a different game.

4. zalutskiy2005

zalutskiy2005
    Expand Collapse

Well, it's different. My problem is in redacting a old cars, I have 522 cars and only 101 of them made in new version of Automation. Sadly I don't know what version it was, but I made my first car 27/01/2019 and it was new version for that time. I can use engines from old cars, but I can't use old cars because it's too bugy. I really want to use old cars because I want to make them more realistic then earlier.
    Here's video about what is happening when I try to revise clone of old car.

Attached Files:

5. cob4lt974

cob4lt974
    Expand Collapse

Umm, it did you try to clone both trim and engine variant?
    My old mustang foxbody replica which made in january 2019 too. Is working fine.

Edit:its coliding with my other car specs. But back too its original spec again. Its still loading.... wait i will tell you when its done
    --- Post updated ---
    i think its better to recreate them instead.
    Hopefully you will came up with something way better . Its also pointless if later you replace all the fixures anyway.
    If you still want to resurrect them, Just Contact the automation support.
    (It might be done in older version but. Still the new version might unable to do.)
    But some slightly newer car still possible tho.still has tendency to crash.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice