why dose my FPS change?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by ryanameade, Jul 7, 2015.

1. ryanameade

ryanameade
    Expand Collapse

on myCOMPUTER
    (imported from here) my frames will change a lot like on East coast when I start up the map for about 30 seconds ill get 25-35 fps then my frames will drop to about 10-15 frames then 1-5 minutes later it will go back up for 30 seconds then go back down again!?!?:(:(:( why is that.

2. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Is your computer running too hot? That sounds like your CPU is thermal throttling.

3. ryanameade

ryanameade
    Expand Collapse

(imported from here)=randomshortguy;228904]Is your computer running too hot? That sounds like your CPU is thermal throttling.[ QUOTE
    (imported from here)]

I use a Laptop and the temperature feels about the same all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

my computer is 2 years old and I've had beamng ever sense I've had it

- - - Updated - - -

my computer is 2 years old and I've had beamng ever sense I've had it

4. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Stop breaking the quotes :|

Sounds much like thermal throttling. You might not feel a change in temperature, but the laptop might be hitting 90-ish C every few minutes, and throttling down to reduce temps. This will drastically impact game performance.
    And no, you won't feel the CPU's temperature. I've used laptops that hit 85-90C and the casing was barely warm.

Download a temp monitoring program (I use HWMonitor), leave it open while you play Beam for a while and check max temperatures when you quit the game.

You should also make sure your power settings are set to performance and not power saving, and your laptop is plugged in.

5. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Also with those green-arrow links popping up in everything he types, I would think he has malware/adware. There's a few viruses out there that will do that to your computer.

6. 1mmortalGaming

1mmortalGaming
    Expand Collapse

Thank goodness, I thought it was my computer having issues.

Anyways, one thing I've noticed that causes FPS fluctuation is the map and the amount of objects in the area.
    For example, on Grid Map, I can get a solid 35-50 FPS, but if I go anywhere with normal amounts of vegetation like East Coast or Dry/Jungle Rock Island, it drops below 10. It happens in different map areas as well, in the docks area, if I look at or get close to the trees, it drops, but if I am driving around the docks themselves, it performs better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice